Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Spread Firefox!
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:30 pm   Post subject: Spread Firefox!

smithy_dll wrote:
So by now you're saying not another boring firefox topic?

Well the mozilla foundation has released the first public preview of Firefox 1.0, and Spread firefox is there to spread the word about the browser and aiming for 1 Million downloads in 10 days.

If you haven't taken the plunge now is the perfect time to do so, tell your neighbours, your family, and your dog about it, make flyers, place it in your e-mail signature, convert your boss or get your university (college) to install it campus wide.

In case none of you know where to get the latest release, click here, or here if you want to give me your referal

enjoy, and if you want tell us how many people you've converted Very Happy

I guess this also means that their not far off gold, which is an amazing thing for an amazing product I've been using all year.

Hooah!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've gotten 2 families to use it so far Razz
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1 here, 1 is coming up-- i think Twisted Evil
templest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer, you know you can make the image in your sig link to the website as well, right?
Amailer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hows that?
templest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

code:
[url=http://spreadfirefox.com][img]http://www.johntopley.com/archive/2004/02/28/getfirefox_large.gif[/img][/url]
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sfx team wrote:

In just under 100 hours, we have smashed through our one million download campaign--with 6 days still to go! This is the fastest adoption rate we have ever experienced, higher than every previous Firefox release. But it's not time to relax our efforts. How soon can we break through 2 million? We'll have more information on a new campaign on Monday.

In the mean time, let us know what you think of Firefox Preview Release. Drop us a review at c|net, BetaNews (win mac linux) or ZDNet. We'll incorporate the feedback as we drive to 1.0.

One last thing: remember to sign up for the sfx newsletter and be the first one to hear when we smash through our goals. People who receive the newsletter will also receive special sneak previews of future sfx campaigns.

--Blake, on behalf of the sfx team

http://www.spreadfirefox.com

Well 1M dls, hooah!
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Amen! ^o^ I've joined the crusade! *points to siggie*
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
MyPistolsIn3D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I just got firefox. So far it seems pretty good. I got some nice features that IE doesn't have. I like it.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

anywhere where I can submit suggestions? cause the only reason I still HAVE the adware ridden IE is becauseI need windows explorer. and if you type C:\ in firefox... its just not the same.
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

err just use my computer for that...
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul, are you looking for a file manager from firefox?
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Indeed. Windows Explorer, and Internet Explorer are two different things, though both rely on much the same underlying code.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ech, I treat them as the same program. Since if u type an URL into IE, it gets u the same thing as Windows explorer, vice versa. The stupid banner pops up in my windows explorer sometimes too. Its just a matter of convenience.
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Getting banners means it's time to format.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 32 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: