Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Stupid cellphone making people.
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:17 pm   Post subject: Stupid cellphone making people.

So I just got a cellphone the other day. It's pretty decent I guess, colour display text messaging, and a whole shitload of things I don't need from a phone. But here's what bugs me: ringtones and background images.

It's weird, up until yesterday I never cared about them. Even now I understand that it's unimportant. But they're just crap!
I know that I could make better background images (pixel by pixel, if I had to), and I could probably figure out how to make a decent ringtone.
Hell, I could make a game.

So does anybody have any experience/knowledge of how to get such things onto the phone? Preferrably some way that doesn't include a stupid charge. I know that there likely isn't, but it'd be nice. I mean, why give me all these options if just about every one of them is crap? (To make me pay even more, that's why).

Stupid damn crap...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well there are lots of services that 'sell' cellphone wallpapers and what not. I imagine that those just get send using dial-up sygnal or what not.

the simpliest way should would be to connect to your computer or another cellphone via infrared.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
well there are lots of services that 'sell' cellphone wallpapers and what not. I imagine that those just get send using dial-up sygnal or what not.

I know where I can get them for "free". But the wireless internet charges by the kilobyte, and that's no good IMHO.

tony wrote:
the simpliest way should would be to connect to your computer or another cellphone via infrared.

I don't know about infrared... I'm going to have to look at my user guide because I'm almost certain that there's a way to connect the phone to the computer via some kind of cable. It just wouldn't make sense for people developing for cellphones to have to pay to have their programs transferred to so many different models of phones for testing.
Genesis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You should be able to get some sort of data transfer cable for the phone to hook it up to a computer. I have one for my Kyocera phone so that I can transfer custom ringtones to it.

I think I got it off ebay.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, there's a data cable... which comes seperately. I'll have to look into that, maybe I'll get into developing for cell phones.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: