Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Hotmail and Gmail... wtf?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:46 pm   Post subject: Hotmail and Gmail... wtf?

any email sent to my hotmail from gmail goes to spam, any email sent from hotmail to my gmail never appears at all... wtf.???
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i've noticed that as well...

it's m$'s retaliation to their new competition. Intentional incompatability with an alternative product to make it look faulty... not the first time m$ is doing something like that as well - intentionally broken stylesheets for opera browsers come to mind
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

M$ > all
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bastard's(hotmail) put a message I sent my self in my junkmail folder. Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I am beting hotmail is stoping the e-mails from going to gmail and not gmail doing it. And this is not the worst to come, M$ whonts to remake the e-mails system so there is no pricery what so ever and every e-mail sent to some one on the new system has to have spesical id or u will not get it. Of corse this speshal id system whould be made by M$ and they whould chagrge just a bit of money for it's use. Witch means e-mail whould no longer be free. Of corse poleop whould not valuntay jump on this crazyness but M$ has some evil plans up the selves witch invales slowly inromparting this system in to hotmail so the hotmail users will be icelated from any one not using the M$ e-mail id system. There hopes are that doing this will force every one eletes to jump on the bandwangn and adpoted the M$ e-mail system.

I am beting gmail is casuing a big problem in this plan since it is better and free. If ever one gose to gmail they will be unable to take over the total e-mail system by messing over hotmail alone and iinsted of chaging things it will just send all the hotmail users runing to gmail.

Well thats my consicely theroy about it any how Razz and if u think that is bad just w8 for the longhorn to come out. (that thing reminds me of "secure os" from .hack// stroy line)
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I also sent a email back from my hotmail account to my gmail account, I still havnet got it, and it's been close to 10mins
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

O wait it came and look at what Hotmail put in it
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
I am beting hotmail is stoping the e-mails from going to gmail and not gmail doing it. And this is not the worst to come, M$ whonts to remake the e-mails system so there is no pricery what so ever and every e-mail sent to some one on the new system has to have spesical id or u will not get it. Of corse this speshal id system whould be made by M$ and they whould chagrge just a bit of money for it's use. Witch means e-mail whould no longer be free. Of corse poleop whould not valuntay jump on this crazyness but M$ has some evil plans up the selves witch invales slowly inromparting this system in to hotmail so the hotmail users will be icelated from any one not using the M$ e-mail id system. There hopes are that doing this will force every one eletes to jump on the bandwangn and adpoted the M$ e-mail system.

I am beting gmail is casuing a big problem in this plan since it is better and free. If ever one gose to gmail they will be unable to take over the total e-mail system by messing over hotmail alone and iinsted of chaging things it will just send all the hotmail users runing to gmail.

Well thats my consicely theroy about it any how Razz and if u think that is bad just w8 for the longhorn to come out. (that thing reminds me of "secure os" from .hack// stroy line)

Wow someones paranoid.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maverick wrote:

Wow someones paranoid.

The funny thing is i am not making it up, look up some of the sites of freedom of information and about procting persoanl priveacy. Most of them talk about the new system for longhorn M$ is trying to get away with.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
timmytheturtle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's ok to be a bit parinod, but at least we (not sure if any from out of canada) don't live in the states

p4tri0t act

Quote:
SECTION 126 grants the government the right to mine the entire spectrum of public and private sector information from bank records to educational and medical records. This is the enacting law to allow ECHELON and the Total Information Awareness Network to totally break down any and all walls of privacy.

The government states that they must look at everything to "determine" if individuals or groups might have a connection to terrorist groups. As you can now see, you are guilty until proven innocent.
rdrake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
M$ whonts to remake the e-mails system so there is no pricery what so ever and every e-mail sent to some one on the new system has to have spesical id or u will not get it. Of corse this speshal id system whould be made by M$ and they whould chagrge just a bit of money for it's use. Witch means e-mail whould no longer be free. Of corse poleop whould not valuntay jump on this crazyness but M$ has some evil plans up the selves witch invales slowly inromparting this system in to hotmail so the hotmail users will be icelated from any one not using the M$ e-mail id system. There hopes are that doing this will force every one eletes to jump on the bandwangn and adpoted the M$ e-mail system.
That's exactly what they're trying to do with the passport system it seems. It's scary really.
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

... the thing is, my teacher supposably sent me a email about a trip to france, from the wrdsb email, it reached my gf's sympatico account, but not my hotmail, she tries 3 times to foward it to my hotmail... nothing, tries to foward to her hotmail, nothing, tries to send from hotmail to my gmail, nothing, I send an email from my gmail to my hotmail, ends up in spam, I send a email from my hotmail to gmail, absolutely nothing, now I'm left wondering wtf is wrong with hotmail, why aren't I able to recieve any emails from sympatico, wrdsb, or gmail properly, but one thing I know, both can recieve email from the compsci email w...t...f Confused
and one thing I noticed is...
when I got to gmail from hotmail, it freezes, when I visit hotmail from gmail, and it goes thru the auto login, it goes to 'page not found', maybe they're trying to stop me from using gmail... by giving me subconscious hints, that sounds paranoid, but its whats happened. I now avoid going to gmail b4 hotmail, or at least closing the browser...

and is it just me... or is gmail really slow right now...? Confused maybe microsoft "held" all the emails sent to gmail, and are letting it all thru at once now... just to make their server screwy, apparently I'm not the only one for which it loads slow.
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

gah...! I can't stand it! Gmail is one of the best things that came out recently, I don't want it to die! Crying or Very sad ... its loading rediculously slow, comparitive to b4! I need a scapegoat.

EDIT: wow... its finally back to working now... but... it took 17 min for the email to get thru, and not to mention all the other emails I should have recieved... Confused
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

**EDIT: wrong thread
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You've lost me
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 18 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: