Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Java: School v.s. Home?
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

That dir sounds right me....do u think it whould work if he copyed the hsa dir the the curnt dir where his java class file is? Or whould he have to trun the classes in to a jar file to get the right name to be imported?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well he could just jar all the .class files and put that jar in /j2re/lib/ext directory
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how to jar class files?

is it necessary? there is an include folder with Java 2.

I'll test.

-Z

--edit--

nope, i have to jar the files.
RobinK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

They are not in .jars. They are done in .java files.

ready to program/classes/hsa/console.java

I also have an older version of Ready and does not seem to work at all. So many different random errors. And I do not want to pay the school for a copy, so I choose to code it in Eclipse by importing hsa. Console as a package.
rizzix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

interesting ok could one of u guys just zip me the entire classes directory?
RobinK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here it is.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Sory, i had to delete that file. Thos clases are copyrighted materal and holth dose offten look at this page to see if they can sue us. I had some one talk to me on msn about this awhile ago and we discoved that if u just take the hsa dir and put it in same floder as the java file u are working on it will work.

I whould think that if your everment vars are set right you could just put the hole hsa dir in to the folder that rizzix metioned.

persaonly i have tested this with a hsa i obtined from another sorce then this and it worked when i just put the hsa dir w/o ziping or jaring in the same floder.

If you whont to show rizzix the clases send them to him on msn or e-mail or post them on your web site.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Besides, it's best to simply learn how to do things with the standard Java libraries.

Since I don't have any experience with classes using Holt software, I have to ask: do classes which use their Java product require students to use the proprietary classes, or are solutions implemented with the standard class library acceptable?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
RobinK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well for my class, we have to use proprietary hsa.Console. Our tests are based on the hsa.Console too.
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wtd wrote:
Besides, it's best to simply learn how to do things with the standard Java libraries.

Since I don't have any experience with classes using Holt software, I have to ask: do classes which use their Java product require students to use the proprietary classes, or are solutions implemented with the standard class library acceptable?

Because we have a COOL teacher (He's so cool, he even posts on compsci.ca Very Happy) he lets us use the standard class libraries if we want to. Of course, it's harder for us because the textbooks ONLY deal with HSA, but he doesn't care what you use on tests, assignments, projects or whatever. In fact, he encourages us to drop the HSA console package as soon as we can, and learn to program the real way. "Weaning us off" as he calls it ^ ^

Zbunny, follow the light. Uninstall RTP and just use real Java If you need help, download Thinking in Java 3rd Edition (it's a free e-book, so I'm not even suggesting anything illegal Surprised)
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

petvet,

i've been using netbeans at home. its the one that comes with the java 2 kde from the sun site.

i like using the rtp editor. really clean and no hassles. who cares that its a h0lt product? they all do the same thing.

-z

p.s. complainer, do you still want the hsa.console package?
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

TheZsterBunny wrote:

p.s. complainer, do you still want the hsa.console package?

No thanks Smile I figured out how to solve my problem without. ^^
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

[quote=Hikaru79]
No thanks Smile I figured out how to solve my problem without. ^^
[/quote]

extra cool. what problems were you facing?

oh, and where can i get the program you're using now?

-Z
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.eclipse.org/ is the URL to the IDE I told you about earlier Smile It's l33t!
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 29 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: