Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 DVD Rippers
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
mynameisbob

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:56 pm   Post subject: DVD Rippers

Anyone know whats the best DVD ripper on the net is? Ive been using DVD-to-Mpeg and it takes about 5 hours to rip 1 movie. Is there a faster ripper out there and what format is best quality and smallest size? AVI,MPEG or DIVX?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I use smart ripper.
rizzix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

best format in terms of size and quality in the world till today is: H.264 (which is rather new.. so i dont expect ppl to implement it yet) the next best choice you have is mp4, or u can go for divx (also known as .avi, which is also a form of mp4, and more popular on the net)
rdrake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I usually use cladDVD .NET which is available here for ripping, and DivX doctor for encoding. Usually takes about 3-4 hours to rip and encode a full movie with those two. VirtualDubMod would also work with DivX pro for encoding.
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

isnt dr.divx supposed to be really good?
rdrake

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Dr. DivX did work really well for me. It compressed a full sized movie to about 700 megs without losing much quality at all. It's usually pretty fast too taking ~3 hours to encode the whole thing with 2 passes.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh... I see I'm different, I rip the DVD files so PowerDVD can play it, it usually takes like 5 gigs, but it takes like half an hour for all.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: