Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Bundespolizei Ukash Virus issue
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Insectoid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:33 pm   Post subject: Bundespolizei Ukash Virus issue

One of my classmates' computers running Win7 has been hit with this ransomware virus and I'm unable to remove it. The first step to removing it is to boot in safe mode, which is well and good, however once I log into the machine in safe mode it immediately runs the shutdown procedure, effectively locking me out of the machine completely (in normal mode, the computer is locked by the virus).

Anyone know what's going on?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Panphobia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Bundespolizei Ukash Virus issue

Do you mean a RAT? Because I am pretty sure the only way to get rid of them is to wipe your computer. As long as it is on the computer it can have remote access of it, look over anything he is doing, and control it if he wanted to. So wiping the computer would be the best bet.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:13 pm   Post subject: RE:Bundespolizei Ukash Virus issue

No, not a RAT. How did you arrive at that conclusion? Nothing I said in my first post even hinted at a RAT.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:00 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Bundespolizei Ukash Virus issue

Panphobia @ 2013-01-25, 8:58 pm wrote:
Do you mean a RAT? Because I am pretty sure the only way to get rid of them is to wipe your computer. As long as it is on the computer it can have remote access of it, look over anything he is doing, and control it if he wanted to. So wiping the computer would be the best bet.

I wonder how it would manage that with the network cable unplugged.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:58 pm   Post subject: RE:Bundespolizei Ukash Virus issue

Well, I fixed it. Made myself a HitmanPro boot stick and that solved the problem. This machine had a lot of other crap on it too, which probably caused the safe mode issue. Cleaned all that up as well.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: