Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Factoid] Postless Users?
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Remove Postless Users?
(No ending time set)
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:11 pm   Post subject: [Factoid] Postless Users?

There are 784 Postless Users on this site (as of the time of this post).

Is there anything to be done about this?

-Z
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This is a more spamy topic so i am moving it there. But i realy do not see a point in removing them but i whould like to here others options.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

leave them as they are, some of them don't post they just look at the forums and topics and etc Smile
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

delete them those fools should not just lurk they should also contirbute.
btw some of them have joined just becuase of the gmail invites we were giving out here in compsci.. these guys most likely dont know a single thing on programming..

Second thought.. maybe they suck so bad.. they can't contirbute.. so they just lurk to learn? hmm who knows. i say leave them as they are.. but i think its a good idea to have < 10 posts_per_year users delted after lets say every 2-4 years?
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well it is not like the user acounts take up any(much) space when they are not posting and it dose make us look better Wink

Only down side i see is if u are trying to find some one in the memberlist. I think also of poleop sing up so they can dl the files aswell, some sections need u to be singed in to dl a file. Also i whould not like the system to go wrong and delete some one who has posted since it whould also remove there posts and files from the site.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

just leave things the way they are for now... its not like its causing any serious issues Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think that every semi-serious message board on the internet has at least several topics like this at some time or other. Not bashing or flaming you or anything.

Here's how it works:
There isn't a whole lot to gain by deleting them all. The accounts take up little space and

There isn't much to gain by leaving them either. Some believe that people will see that we have so many registered users and will think this message board is better than others. But of course, this is just wrong.

It all boils down to: who's willling to spend their morning/afternoon/night sifting through user accounts and deleting those without posts? Maybe there is a script for it, but who actually cares enough to look?

Please do not reply to my message with a link to such a script or an offer to go through and delete unused accounts. Doing so may shatter any belief of mine that people on the internet aren't as stupid as I sometimes think.

Should we lock this or can we just let the topic fade away on it's own? I don't really know if there's anything to discuss.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

fade, considering we had almost the same topic 3~5 times just in the life time of this borad and the only user ever deleted was tony witch was....acdenteal....but was soon fixed after. Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: