Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 enough
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:22 pm   Post subject: enough

yaya, i know that all those interested probably already signed up over at devart, but this one is really cool. Relates to computers as well Wink

just check it out Very Happy
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Flea

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That book he has in the pic is Jamsa's C++ Programming Bible, i got it over the summer.

I dont know why i recognized it before i noticed antyhing else in the pic. its acutally pretty cool piece, back when i did tennis @ flashkit we did a lot of stuff lie that, only in ps. i got some crits but this not the place for em since he aint gonna read @compsci lol..

thats a cool find, i go to devart on a regular basis but didnt see that one before.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Flea wrote:

thats a cool find

.. Confused that is mine Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:54 pm   Post subject: reply

hehe, it's fun to see that cds doesnt shatter when you do that
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I actually accidently broke the CD while setting up the shot... As you can see, the CD is in 5~6 pieces. What you don't see is the tape holding it all together.

Actually the fact that it is broken up and is held by tape allows the disk to take on the shape it did, and have multiple reflective areas at different angles Wink
Hikaru79

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

=) Sweet. job. In fact, such a sweet job that it's now my wallpaper!

What kind of camera did you use? How'd you make the lighting? This is an amazing piece of photography!
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I used my 5 megapixel digital camera to take the shot. Nothing special about that.

light is natural sunshine though the bedroom's window. I guess that reflects differently than artificial light.. Broken surface creates different angles of reflection, thus lightning stripes of different colours.

I made half a dozen shots from different angles, trying to find something that would look interesting (lights wise)
ZeroKelvin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Great Job... I wish I had a shot like that for my photography class...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> The Showroom
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: