Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 howto become a hacker
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
rizzix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:42 am   Post subject: howto become a hacker

something i stumbled upon while doing my usual language research: How To Become A Hacker Wink
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ROFL... i doubt the author even hacks himself
templest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

"How To Become A Hacker", translation: "How To Act In A Way That Makes You Cool Online Because People Will Think You're A Hacker".

A quick glance reveals such chapter topics as:

1. Learn how to program.
  2. Get one of the open-source Unix distributions and learn to use and run it.
  3. Learn how to use the World Wide Web and write HTML.
  4. If you don't have functional English, learn it.

Anyone can do that. That's not hacking, all it's doing is teaching you the basics so that you don't look like a dumbass infront of the real hackers and avoid online-public humiliation by saying stupid things. Although it does nudge people in the right direction, ex: Not filling their heads with some fantasy of becoming some crazy midnight hacker that hijacks NASA satellites and roots Area-51 servers.
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm thinking the key to being a hacker is knowledge, if u know how everything works.. like what ur hacking, there's nothing you can't hack to some degree.
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I believe one of the key things I picked up from that document back when I read it a few months was that a hacker isn't just a stereotypical nerd steals your passwords/files and gets into all the highly protected computers. Also, that hackers aren't h4x0rs. Or at least that they are more than that.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: