Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 High Speed Internet For EVERY1! Even out at the cotage!
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:05 pm   Post subject: High Speed Internet For EVERY1! Even out at the cotage!

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_PrintFriendly&c=Article&cid=1090188609951&call_pageid=968350072197

now ppl with cotages.. or live where bell, rogers, shaw etc dont server.. or ony will for outragous prices can get FAST INTERNET!!!!!!

they launching a satalite to offer fast internet (unlike other ones that give slow (almost dial up) internet...

and most of all its afordable... especially if u dont get service where u are..

aint that wickeD??? i found that link from the blog that that dude that made the stariwan to heaven backwards page made..

so anyways.. i thought i would share that with u..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What's the speed down/up? im too lazy to read Razz
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

iits gona be avaiable to everyone in north america..

i dunno speeds i didnlt read it all... its big

the launch was delayed serveral l times to to weather and stuff... its sposed to be launched this saturday

it uses same technology as standard DSL/ CABLE technology.. so it should be the same speeds

it uses Ku band... also it wil do the C and one more band.. so it can do vtv and whatnots..

very cool... i will be using when i buy a place later in life out in the bush on a mountain ... serenity.. Smile
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

statilite internet is not always that good, shure it is faster then dial up but the speeds on the upload are crapy compared to dsl and cable. That means it whould be good for surfing the web and downloading things but for games and anything that requies you to have an upload you will still be laging.

What whould be better is if they could get big wifi aceces points and have a wifi isp. They are trying that in some areas and i think it whould be better then a statlite contection if they sport G type wifi.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

whats the g stand for ? gigabit?

i know B is broadband... cuz i got a lkinksys wireless b router... and its for braodaband..

and like 1 week later wireless g routers were in the store.... and now they even have SPEED boooster.... DAM... 54MB/s over lan... DAM... shure beats 11MB a sec over my network...
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
What whould be better is if they could get big wifi aceces points and have a wifi isp.

no Dan... because unless each user has a large amp for their wifi, that's a shitload of accesspoints to setup and maintain. I just don't see that working.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:

i know B is broadband... cuz i got a lkinksys wireless b router... and its for braodaband..

No B is not for broadband it is a wifi standert that is slower then G

the_short1 wrote:

and like 1 week later wireless g routers were in the store.... and now they even have SPEED boooster.... DAM... 54MB/s over lan... DAM... shure beats 11MB a sec over my network...

[/quote]

G is not for GB, it is another standerend that is faster then B and A. The Speed boster is an evil techongly witch uses the standered G and then eats up all the other chancels used for wifi so no one eltes in the area can use it, but it is not all fun and games for you, if some one eltes is using there wifi at the same time it will take u out just as much as them.

There are GB Lan routers and cards now tho but we are not going that fast over wifi....yet.

Quote:

no Dan... because unless each user has a large amp for their wifi, that's a shitload of accesspoints to setup and maintain. I just don't see that working.

Aucatlay this has been done in many areas in the U.S. with quite a high scuces rate. What they do is set up one big accesspoint (like how they have thos big t.v. towers, radio towers, and cell phone ones) and it can cover a hole town. I am beting it whould be no harderd to maintain then the exsiting cell phone netwroks.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: