Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Compsci Convention
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Could You Come
(No ending time set)
Too Close
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
1 Hour or Less Drive
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
2 Hours or less Drive >1
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
3 Hours or less Drive >2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Too Far Away
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:20 pm   Post subject: Compsci Convention

Okay well , unjokingly At hte end of htis year , My Programming team hosts a convention , and well i thought hell il turn it int oa compsci Convention ,What better thing to do ,

The cool thing is that its in Toronto , and that is a central point for at least 50% of the community that is fro mwaterloo , toronto , london , richmond , not sure about windsor Shocked ,

And well when it gets closer , im inviting anyone willing to drive down there , to come and spend a day having a little gettogether with alot of Computers , Lan gaming , Latest Creations from programmers , new language breakthroughs , really a geeks paradise for a day , and lots of food , So just letting you know that at hte end of June yor all invited to A compsci Convention , More details will be posted in time , to ressurect this thread whe nits on page 50.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Interesting. It's close enough for me to get there, if I want to. It sounds like fun, apart from the fact that going there would forever label me as a geek. Oh well.. 8)
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

At the end of... June?
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hummm, i think 13.5 hours (there, another 13 back) may be a bit of a drive but may be.....
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair : check on the date again Laughing And get back to me on that, sound like an interesting idea.

dan : you not allowed to go to univercity untill you attend the 'convention' Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Vancouver.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lets host compsci convention in Vancouver during the winter break! I hear they got some awesome slopes for snowboarding/skiing 8)

haha Laughing umm... though it is a bit out there... lets hear what shorthair has in mind with his idea.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Genesis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya! They got some amazing slopes for skiing/snowboarding. I used to live out west, in Edmonton. Not quite vancouver, but still close enough to ski in the rockies, at Banff, Whistler, Lake Louise, etc.

But ya, it is a bit out there.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Genesis wrote:
But ya, it is a bit out there.

Oh all right...

Victoria, and that's my final offer.
naoki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i'd like to go there and eat some free food, but that would really be the main selling point. and since i can't eat for 6 hours straight, i'd hafta talk about programming or play a LAN game Crying or Very sad

hehe, if you're willing to buy anyone who comes a ticket to the CNE then that's a better deal Wink
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i might be making this up, but I think CNE has group discounts if its over 25 of us. Which I think we could put together Very Happy

wtd - Victoria is geographically further away from Toronto than Vancouver Laughing

Maybe we can find a few TVs and xboxes and play some halo? 8)

you know what? I'm really excited about such an idea. Though perhaps it would work out best if we can get a booth at some more publicized computer show? Lets hear some ideas
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
wtd - Victoria is geographically further away from Toronto than Vancouver Laughing

Yes. That was the point of the comment. Wink

On the other had, when you start thinking on those scales, it is about equidistant from all of the other locations.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I can come provided that I get my G2 by that time, I'll drive on the highway even if I'm not suppose to at G2
shorthair

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Id pick up anyone from london , thats on hte site , for a mear 10 dollars to get there and back ,

in hte later stages i will discuss , about tvs , PC'S , and things like that , there will be a projector and my pc has a tv tuner so we can halo ,or anythink on the wall , The payment is not in full yet, its depending how far we get this year , in the contests , it costs 1200$ to rent in total ,
templest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
Id pick up anyone from london , thats on hte site , for a mear 10 dollars to get there and back , ,

You mean like me? Twisted Evil
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 4  [ 54 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: