Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Text graph-x and viewing it properly accross all platforms.
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:05 am   Post subject: Text graph-x and viewing it properly accross all platforms.

I'm adding the following text into a file I'm planning on putting on BitTorrent, but I want to convert the text into HTML so as to not run the risk of the text beeing displayed differently accross different text editors. Any ideas as to how?

ie: Whenever I try to do it, it won't recognize more than one space between the characteres.

code:
.::*({|http://xiplst.uni.cc/|})*::.....................................................................
`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_
 __________   _________   ____  ___  ___    _________   ___        _________   ________   __________     `
/\___   ___\ /\   _____\ /\   \/   \/   \  /\   ___  \ /\  \      /\   _____\ /\  _____\ /\___   ___\     ^
\/_//\  \/_/ \/\  \/_/_/ \/\    /\   /\  \ \/\  \_/\  \\/\  \     \/\  \/_/_/ \ \ \____/ \/_//\  \/_/      -
    \/\  \    \/\   ___\  \/\   \/\  \/\  \ \/\  \\/  / \/\  \     \/\   ___\  \ \_____ \    \/\  \         ,
     \/\  \    \/\  \_//_  \/\   \/\  \/\  \ \/\  ___/   \/\  \____ \/\  \_//_  \/_____\ \    \/\  \       `
      \/\__\    \/\______\  \/\___\/___\/___\ \/\_\_/     \/\______\ \/\______\  /\_______\    \/\__\       ^
       \/__/     \_/_/_/_/   \/_/_/\_/_/\_/_/  \/_/        \_/_/_/_/  \_/_/_/_/  \/_/_/_/_/     \/__/        -
                                                                                                              ,
`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_`^-,_ .
/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
..............................................................................................................
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

pre tags should do it
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, that would be my guess. Just one question though, are the tops of the E's supposed to be longer than the bottoms?
templest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Actually... yes. It's not that hard to extend them another space. Razz The "M" took me a while to get right though.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

pretty slick.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a program to convert simple grapic images to ascii "art"?
templest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes: Notepad + a Preview window; have fun.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

SuperGenius wrote:
pretty slick.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a program to convert simple grapic images to ascii "art"?

I know mplayer, a vid player for linux can play the hole movie in the console buy using ascii art. So i whould think there most be other progames that could do it. Tho i whould not think it whould be that hard to make a progame to do this, for example in truing you could load in an image, use whatdocolor to get the avg color of an area of the image and then put a char in a text file in the same place to repersent it.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That's true. And the hardest part, really, would be to go through and designate which colour to be represented by which ASCII character. Unless you want it to be able to do shapes and lines as in templest's graphic. That would be complicated...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Stumbled upon this site just now, thought you might like a link: http://jpg2asc.hierklikken.com/

EDIT: it seems you can only convert images up to 400x400 in resolution, but the results are kinda nice I guess...
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WOW Coutsos convert your avatar, amazing work Shocked
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Uh? Who are you talking to amailer? Anyways, I'm sure nobody here made that. First of all, the avatar was made by the good people at Konami, and second, it was converted to ASCII by whoever made the script at that site (which was neither the fellow whom you seem to be addressing, nor myself).
templest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos wrote:
Uh?... Who are you talking to Amailer?(which was neither the fellow whom you seem to be addressing, nor myself).

Either someone wrote a script so that you stil lsee yourself as "Mazer", and we all see another name... or you're just trying to confuse him, or you're being extreamly literal.

Either way: Neutral
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Coutsos -- dammit people quit changing your names -.-.
Convert your avatar with that site, it looks crazy.

..damm...name change.... Evil or Very Mad
templest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Wow, this has to be the third time in my life I've seen an almost instant simultanious post by two people on the same forum thread. Laughing
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, i never noticed that.
Ummmm
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: