Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Where to get a good monitor?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cervantes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ineed, my current 15" monitor is quite old. It's from the days when monitors above 15" were first become popular, though still very expensive.
What is a good dot pitch to aim for? And does it even matter if the screen is not set to the monitor's maximum resolution? Looking at a bunch of different monitors, I have found that some will say the dot pitch both horizontally and diagonally, and others will just say the dot pitch, period. So if it just gives one value, I would assume that that refers to the horizontal pitch, because horizontal is a lower value, and so it sells better. But, I am unsure. Confused

I'm really trying to keep the damage low here. $300, like that first monitor you linked for me Darkness, is really, really pushing it.
this monitor looks pretty good:
19" Flat Screen CRT
DOT PITCH: 0.25mm Diagonal (0.21mm Horizontal)
Max Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 75Hz

$215.46 CAD

The only thing I question about it is the currency. Is CAD Canadian? Embarassed I would have thought it would be CDN.

What about buying from amazon.com or buy.com? From the above link, if you copy and paste the link for that monitor's website, then go through the website, find the monitor, and click on buy, you see that buy.com offers it for $199.99 and amazon.com offers it for $188.99. Does anybody know what shipping to Ontario costs from these sites? And for that matter, what is shipping like for tigerdirect.ca and ncix.com?

Sorry for all the questions Hit Wall
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cervantes wrote:
The only thing I question about it is the currency. Is CAD Canadian? Embarassed I would have thought it would be CDN.

CAD does mean "Canadian Dollar".
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 17 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: