Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Zipping folders with php
Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:43 am   Post subject: Zipping folders with php

Hey all,
Anyone know how I can zip a folder and it's sub folders and all the files in it using php?, and i want it to be the best compression w/e.

Anyone?

Thanks
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you're trying to reduce your bandwidth usage you may want to check out mod_deflate.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No, i just want to zip a folder (and it's subfolders and files and etc) every day , so i don't have to manully do it all the time (like i current do), like you know how CVS is, the way they display the snapshots? exactally like that (i tried to get a CVS but all the good ones are for unix/linux and the one on windows that i got, im having hard time setting it up Razz).

So i just need a script to zip a whole folder and everything in it, any clue how to do this?
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No one know?
JHanson90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I didn't investigate it any further, but read the comments on this page:
http://php.us.themoes.org/manual/en/ref.zip.php

The first one said something like "zip files can be easily created using my Ziplib..." There's a few other comments that mention writing Zip files involving zLib.
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

K well, i got it to add the folders and subfolders, but i can't add the files! it's being a huge pain. anyclues...? (using the classes from those links you provided).
   Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: