Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 New laptop
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:07 pm   Post subject: New laptop

My friend just got a new laptop, so what's the first thing he did? Added functionality in the form of toolbars, of course! Why bother having to navigate to other websites, when everything is just a mouse click away?

And now, here you have it. Internet Explorer with more bling than Tupac on trampoline:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, IE is unstable enogth on it's own i could not image how much that will crash, lag and do other evil things.

heh, more toolbars then there is web site on that thing.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Only useful one there is Google Bar, the rest are all crap...what a wast.
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hah, it's beautiful.

Oh yeah, the next step in fixing up his computer was to format and install XP Pro. This guy is brilliant (dan, say nothing) when it comes to computers, he was just having some fun.
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

omg... the worst bar (he hasn't got it) is the blue one, it is sometimes named grllhclcr or something, other times its called "multi book exit" anyway, its hard to get rid of...
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Darkness wrote:
dan, say nothing

Dam it, i so wanted to. Any how at least he formated windows, now he just has to pop in a linux cd and he is on his way.

On the subject of toolbars, i like the way firefox did the Google sreach bar. You can just add all the difrent sreach engions to the same bar with out using up 1/2 your screen.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ya but it doesn't tell you google page rank and etc Wink which i think compsc is 4 or 5 or maybe higer (out of 10)
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

What good is page rank? If you like a page, good. If you don't, ok. Do you need to know what other people think of it? I like the firefox one, though I mainly just use the hyperdictionary thing. For google I'm just so accustomed to opening a new tab and going to google.com
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ah i just type google [keyword] ... im just used to it Very Happy
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Some of the stuff in there is pretty funny.

'Alert! New Bin Laden virus!'
templest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hah... talk about contrasting, this is what my browser looks like:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

I use keyboard shortcuts instead of having all those useless buttons on the screen. Wink
wtd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
ya but it doesn't tell you google page rank and etc Wink which i think compsc is 4 or 5 or maybe higer (out of 10)

You know, there is a full-featured "Googlebar" for Firefox if you don't find the included search box powerful enough.
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yup i got that it's pretty good *but it doesn't have page rank Very Happy*
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer's vanity prompts him to check the rank of his own webpage everyday. What would not be a useful tool for u, is a useful tool for him Laughing
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: