Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Help with adding lighting effects to images.
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:35 pm   Post subject: Help with adding lighting effects to images.

I have a dillema, I want to add some text to this glass-square type looking thing, and I want to add the lighting at the top, but I don't know how to make it so that It shades it from white to transperant, I'm doing this in Fireworks MX.

As in, I make a box, and I add a "linear" effect and make it fade from white to the same colour as the one behind that box, but obviously, this covers the text underneath, and if I set trasperancies on the text, it doesn't look the same. I need the box on top to do the same but going from white to transperant. Any ideas how?

Here's what it looks like right now:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

It's the raw Fireworks PNG image, so you can play around with it yourself if you want and tell me how you fixed it. Wink I'll keep at it myself, and see if I can figure it out.

krakrakrakrakra!.png
 Description:
dthdtjhf
 Filesize:  65.21 KB
 Viewed:  5512 Time(s)

krakrakrakrakra!.png

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
templest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nevermind, I downloaded The GIMP 2.0 and whatcha' know... it has an option for one to do just that. Thanks for at least taking the time to read the post. Smile

Here's what it looks like:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

krakrakrakrakra!2.jpg
 Description:
Wee! ;)
 Filesize:  14.82 KB
 Viewed:  5506 Time(s)

krakrakrakrakra!2.jpg

Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hehe, in PS you can do it also, insted of selecting both solid colours for the gradient, (double click it) and in the list of gradients or w/e, select the second one, that has 1 colour solid the other half transperant.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 2D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: