Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Suspicious Program - Please help
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jonos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:56 pm   Post subject: Suspicious Program - Please help

I was cleaning out my start menu today and I saw this folder called "discreet" which led to another folder "backburner 2" and then 3 programs called manager, monitor, server. I don't know what this is but it kind of looks like a hacking program which could bite me in the ass if I tried to use it. Anyone know what it is and what I should do with it?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Did you try checking google? Discreet, if I'm not mistaken, are the chumps that make 3DS Max.
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:41 am   Post subject: (No subject)

dude thaats the code renering app for 3dsmax
Amailer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

shorthair wrote:
dude thaats the code renering app for 3dsmax

His right, hehe i thought that too first but then once it led to 3DSMAX i was okay Very Happy
jonos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh, but I don't even have 3Dmax so where could I have gotten it.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

backburner comes with 3DSMAX, but if the latter program is uninstalled, backburner could stay anyways (separate uninstall file or doing the stupid thing and just deleting the folder)

so yeah... if you computer used to have eh... preaty much any discreet software, it could have simply not be removed compleatly
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: