Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ready To Program!
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Darkspider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:00 pm   Post subject: Ready To Program!

Hi all!

This is my first post and its rather straight forward. I am going into gr.12 programming in the fall and am trying to learn Java ahead of time. I have books to learn from, but I need an environment. I am looking for Holtsoft's version of Java, "Ready To Program" since that is what I am used to (using it for Turing) and it is what my school uses. So, if anyone could maybe direct me to a link offering this program to be downloaded or private message me on how I could access this I would be very grateful. Thanks for all your help!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Learn using the standard tools from Sun.

http://java.sun.com
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

indeed you should use a standarized environment (which is preaty much everything but Holtsoft's)

ready to program is garbage and you'll fuck yourself over if you intend on ever using java afterwards. I realize that school is school and they have english teachers working overtime in computer labs... but if you want to take a head start - do yourself a favour and use something good. Such as eclipse
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Darkspider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:37 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks! But, I was really just hoping for a copy of this program. I'm just learning java and without Ready To Program the book I am using does not fully support other such environments that does not have all of the components in the same program. I intend to use Ready To Program for now and then move up to using JBuilder and others. My mom is a programmer and she thinks something like JBuilder is too complicated for the easy programs I will be writing. So, thanks for all your help in trying to keep me away from the crap software, but, that's what I'm looking for. Thanks for all of your help again.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well ready to program is one of the few (eh... the only one I can think of actually) that was made to be 'for profit' and you'd have to buy the download.

Now seeing as what crap it is anyways Laughing use the search and umm... practically noone is using it Confused At this point I think your best bet is asking ify if he has a copy of the installer Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Kingnoz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have a copy of the program Very Happy . I am one of the one people that use it on this forum Embarassed .

EDIT: Your school should supply the program for u until u graduate.
McKenzie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:14 am   Post subject: (No subject)

King, PM that sort of stuff.
I don't think Ready is a bad IDE at all for beginners. The only real problem is the overuse of there own console class. Other than that, it is great to jump right into programming standard Java. My real problem is with the book that again treats the console class like the holy grail.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony wrote:
well ready to program is one of the few (eh... the only one I can think of actually) that was made to be 'for profit'

J++

the M$ verson of java u have to pay for. but i think they got sewed for that one, lol. But i whould not recomend using J++ it is more unstandered then the holth one.

We can not give out copys of ready to progam (not that i have it tho) or links to sites that may have them b/c like tony side you have to pay for it so plz do not post any more about where to get it. i have had enogth calls from tom west.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
tony wrote:
well ready to program is one of the few (eh... the only one I can think of actually) that was made to be 'for profit'

J++

the M$ verson of java u have to pay for. but i think they got sewed for that one, lol. But i whould not recomend using J++ it is more unstandered then the holth one.

If memory serves, J++ pretty much stalled when Java was at 1.1.x. It's at 1.5.0 now, if that indicates how old J++ is. Smile
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yea and it takes 6 years to come out with a point release Wink usually all the updates are only point point releases.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: