Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [tutorial] .NET Commands (and multi-user interfaces)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
syntax_error

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:53 am   Post subject: Re: [tutorial] .NET Commands (and multi-user interfaces)

a question why running away form java?
it might work?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Gooie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:32 pm   Post subject: Re: [tutorial] .NET Commands (and multi-user interfaces)

darkangel @ January 16th, 2:16 am wrote:
What would be a good simple language that u would recommend to start programming Net based programs?
I'm starting a "Habo Hotel" like game and i need a language that can easily send information over one port. Compared to the 50+ish i had to use with turing.

And PLEASE dont tell me Java! Please! For my own sanity!

I hear Java is a good start to Net based programs. Razz
darkangel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:32 pm   Post subject: Re: [tutorial] .NET Commands (and multi-user interfaces)

Gooie @ Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:32 pm wrote:
darkangel @ January 16th, 2:16 am wrote:
What would be a good simple language that u would recommend to start programming Net based programs?
I'm starting a "Habo Hotel" like game and i need a language that can easily send information over one port. Compared to the 50+ish i had to use with turing.

And PLEASE dont tell me Java! Please! For my own sanity!

I hear Java is a good start to Net based programs. Razz

Ya, i heard Java was good too, but the syntax for it is annoying when compared to something like python.
i know this is probably just my opinion but to me as good as Java is on a multi platform level, on a practical programming level id rather stick to Turing (i cant believe i just said that)
Gooie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:37 am   Post subject: Re: [tutorial] .NET Commands (and multi-user interfaces)

I completely agree. I really dislike Java. I have a similar problem as well. The current semester is coming to an end and so shall my binds to Turing. I feel that it's best I move on to a better language. I just don't know what I should go to next. There are pro's and con's in all languages, although I seriously considered: Java, Python, Visual Basic, C++, and C#. Does anyone have any suggestions *cough* Tony! *cough*
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:11 pm   Post subject: RE:[tutorial] .NET Commands (and multi-user interfaces)

Scheme! I've toyed around with it, and it is a very fun language. I suggest you take a look at it if you're serious about it.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: