Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Best Final Fantasy Game
Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Best Final Fantasy Game to Date
(No ending time set)
Final Fantasy II/IV
22%
 22%  [ 18 ]
Final Fantasy V
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Final Fantasy III/VI
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
Final Fantasy VII
28%
 28%  [ 23 ]
Final Fantasy VIII
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Final Fantasy IX
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Final Fantasy X
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Final Fantasy X-2
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Final Fantasy XI
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 80

Flea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ive beaten them all pretty much. Except X-2.. what were they thinking, that games just an expansion pack.

I like #8 the best... the storyline is -really- deep compared to a lot of stuff, even #7.. The limit breaks are wicked in eight, although Squalls gets a bit out of hand at the end. The battle system is great with junctions, but the junctions get kinda ridiculous with status atk/def.. and ten they dont even work on bosses. With some more careful balancing and tweaking, VIII would be totally perfect for a ff game. #7 was really original and differnt... which i vote second place. #1 i vote third just cause its awesome and #9 fourth place.

Triple Triad was too much fun. I know all secrets in 8 as well.. which is proly another reason why i like it so much =)
And rinoa/zell were such awesome chars. Comon.. zells limit was to the limit.. so fun if not that great. What an improvment from tifa! xD

And i can understand how some people dont like final fantasy. The games are fun & relaxing, but also stupidly frustrating at times. (e.g. repetitive battles, retarded puzzles) I love the storylines of the games (except X and its expo pak lol) though, and thats enough to draw me in for a while... Remember though that the game's intened for all audiences, and from that PoV its really quite amazing what they've done. Especially with #7 and #8.

IX was really cool how they incorporated (and improved, to hardcores) the hard aspect from VIII. And they went back to their original ties w/ Vivi and blackmage/whitemage/redmage and that stuff. Unfortunately they had duck people walking around, and elephant dudes, and mice people, and really stupid stuff like that. Lol... comon!! =þ

IMO squaresoft had it down a lot better tahn sq-enix.

I dont think eleven should count, its hard to compare it to the rest. Even more far-out than tactics imo. Expensive game for wat you get, same with X-2. XI is fun but gets cheesy like everquest & diablo did. Well done overall, like most square games.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ZeroKelvin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Flea... I totally agree with you.. I personally voted for VIII because of the storyline and the battle system, though VII had a really good stryline as well, but in terms of graphics, VIII is the better by far.

While I'm on topic, IX, X, XI and X-2 have the best graphics but the battle systems get quite complicated

For those who have played X-2, who enjoyed watching the job changes? LOL... It kinda reminds me of the old sailormoon days

But I also enjoyed the tactic game too... and did you know that Cloud is a secret character? Shocked I just found out.. that means I'll have to beat it again and get Cloud... Mad

Well... just like Flea said, I like all the squaresoft games Laughing
josh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, way to bring up an old topic Confused
Toxic_Ninja

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:59 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Tactics had the greatist combat system, it realy needed stratagy, but the story realy sucked. V had a great character system but once again a shittastic story. VII had an amazing story but the gameplay itsself sucked (so did the material system). Theirfor im going to design "FF VII TACTICS!" Eventualy.
codemage

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I think 1 was the best, and only partially for nostalgic reasons. That was the first game ever that I pulled an all-nighter for with a few buddies.

It was the first game in the genre I ever played, and it was immersive enough that just watching (ok, and occasionally yelling at the other players for their combat choices) - was entertaining.
barney

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Martin wrote:
Clearly, everyone who didn't vote for FF VI is wrong . Bummer guys. Razz Razz

FF VI ROCKS! None of the others can compare with it, lol. Razz
blaster009

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
But the game play was horable and it was not even true 3d. Also for more then one you need to have a gba + link cable for each player.

Also it was an rpg with no lvls and you lost most good items at the end of each area like the spells u picked up (yes picked up spells not lreaned them). Also thye made you play the same areas like 10000 times and the sotry was weak at best.

True! Crystal Chronicles stank. The best FF was VII, hands down.
Blade

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

a lot of people say that mystic quest was horrible, but i didnt mind it too much. it was short, different, the story line wasnt extremely deep - but not everything complicated is always good - sometimes the simple things are good enough. however, my favourite choice is either FF IV or VI ... its hard to decide. everything made later than FF VII sucks in my eyes.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OK, lets narrow it down...

Final Fantasy I - One of the best, you cannot beat the NES!
Final Fantasy II/IV - My personal favorite, since they introduced the Paladin.
Final Fantasy V or VI - Never Played.
Final Fantasy VII - Pretty good, neat materia system, and Knights of the Round owned.
Final Fantasy VIII - Didnt like it very much, but found it entertaining at most.
Final Fantasy IX - Not bad, the trance system sucked.
Final Fantasy X - Never played.
Final Fantasy XI - Never Played.
Final Fantasy X2 - Never Again.

Bang, my decision is Final Fantasy 2/4.
War_Caymore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok lets start with the games that shouldn't even be mentioned in history...

FF X-2: I watched my bro play it, and it was enough for me to sun the game forever.

Now, in order from the best to the... not so best...

FF III: I fell in love with that game! even though it took me 2 months to find the translation for it, i loved every minute of it, and beat it.
FF I: Great game! The GBA verson was cheap, never go anything but OLd SkoOL when playing this.
FF VII: Deemed "The best FF ever made!" I agree to an extent. It is great, and i've almost beat it, but nothing beats OLd SkoOL.
FF II/IV: Good game. The GBA version was the best version i think.
FF V/VI: Never played.
FF VIII: The most realistic FF for the PSone. I played it until i got Ifrit, then I realised i had better things to do, like play FF III.
FF XI: Bro, the game was good, great at it's peaks. But one thing that was totaly ausome was THE TAIL! I LOVED THE TAIL!
FF X: As soon as i can get my disk to work, i'll let you know.

This is my opinion, blam it if you wna,t it dosen't make anyone less of a man/woman/whatever you are.
Silent Avenger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've played FF VII a few times I found it pretty good. I especially found it better than FF X2.
Clayton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:18 am   Post subject: (No subject)

play FFX, probably the best Final Fantasy game for all of the newer systems (ie gamecube and ps2), good battle system, good storyline, its all good Very Happy, but the best one of all time, gotta be FFIII, you just have to spend forever trying to track down a translated version....
War_Caymore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:50 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Freakman wrote:
but the best one of all time, gotta be FFIII, you just have to spend forever trying to track down a translated version....

damn right! how long did it take you? it took me like 2-3 months to find the english version, and mine isn't even all translated either. i eventualy found an english version (of the ROM) @ http://www.theoldcomputer.com/MainMenu.htm. definately a retro gamers paradice. it had all the FF for NES (jap and eng) in ROM file. Legaly i'm not allowed to tell you where to get the Emulator for it. PM me for more detals.
ZeroPaladn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

NECROPOSTING!

War_Caymore, I've warned you many times not to necropost. this topic was about 4 months old, and was dead. Although thi is a poll, its still really old. try not to do that next time.
Clayton

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

War_Caymore wrote:

amn right! how long did it take you? it took me like 2-3 months to find the english version...

indeed, it took me about 1 1/2 years to track down a translated hard copy of the game (which wasnt cheap either) but i mean, in the end it was so worth it Very Happy
   Index -> CompSci.ca, General Discussion -> Featured Poll
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 35 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: