Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Cooking
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:02 pm   Post subject: Cooking

Just curious... any other computer geeks here who enjoy cooking?

It seems a rather common hobby for programmers.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i prefer to cook the meat myself... my momy still does the side dishes though Laughing

and I want to learn how to make my own sushi... cuz buying prepared ones is expensive Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

pfff meat. i hate meat, just put some vegitarin microwavable thing in for 5 mins and we are done Razz

so i guse that whould be no?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I'm not usually so involved, but tonight I made homemade pesto sauce to put over baked turkey breast fillets. I love the smell of the sweet basil and cilantro.

Mmmm, cilantro. It goes down so easily, then it bites back.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, my dad likes to call me a chef. But I work at McDonald's, and let me tell you, I don't believe that qualifies as cooking in any sense of the word. So, really, no I can't. I've never actually had to though...
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

interesteing..

well wtd.. until i did gr.10 computer science... all i knew was how to code in BASIC (the old school one) ... so i wasn't that interested.... and I was going to be a CHEF.. and i took the cooking classes throughtout higschool...

now im software engineer all the way....

but yea... i cook... a lot....
i cook all the steaks (damm good medium rare!!)/ porkchops/ hamburgers/ chiken on bbq <im the master bbq chef person.. i use the bbq more then anyone else... Smile
i can make salads,
preserves (salsa, jam, beets)
introductory baking (made peach cakes, and some cookies...)
breakfasts (french toast, waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes)

yea... plus a little more.... so you can say i cook alot.(dont u think?)

my parnets made me cook tho. IE ever since i was 10 ive known how to prepare and cook mash potatoes..<< yummy...... in fact tonite i have to make the corn on the cob.... but i like it... Smile.. cookings fun rite peeps?
plus then once i move out i can acually eat a decent meal once in a while Wink
cuz ive learned how....
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I cook chinese food... which basically means... stirfried everything, rice, a variety of cold dishes, dumplings and various steamed stuffs... etc.
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I figure cooking appeals to programmers because it's creative and detail-oriented, like programming, but doesn't even remotely involve a computer. Smile
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I just cook because I need to do it for my sister and I when my parents aren't home... also you can be as creative as you want when you're alone and you don't have to worry about other people's tastes, plus my girlfriend finds it impressive Rolling Eyes
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think that cooking appeals to programmers because, if you're anything like me, you forget to eat for umm... a few meals... and then you want something good.

And tony, don't worry, I can cook Wink
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Darkness wrote:
And tony, don't worry, I can cook Wink

haha, I'm not... I signed up for the biggest meal plan there is on the campus Laughing

but yeah... I intend on inmproving my meal making skills during the uni years. I mean we got a kitchen in our rez anyways Razz
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Haha, stir fry means wok + soy sauce and then throw in anything else that you want to actually eat.

I can cook Chinese food, and am learning how to cook western food. I still occasionally over cook something, but that's because I can't work the oven as well as the wok.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lots of oil and high flames (or whatever power you use) for me Laughing
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What?! Aren't you changing your meal plan...?
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

umm... no... Confused

besides - balance carries over to the next term anyways Razz

mmm... food
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 29 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: