Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Easy way to get bits...(bug?)
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Kingnoz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:59 pm   Post subject: Easy way to get bits...(bug?)

Well, i found a way to get bits really easy.
I thought the mods would like to know this.
Anyway down to business...you can get bits by simply posting a reply to a topic, except for the spam and general discussion, then deleting your post right after so the casual viewer doesn't even know it was done.
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this problem before but i have a suggestion to eliminate this problem...simply remove bits for deleting posts Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I thought that had already been fixed... Question Confused Dunno... lemme try it Twisted Evil but anyway, who really cares if some loser sits at home and does this over and over again for no material gain Razz
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok... so it hasn't been fixed, I got 4 quick bits off of that Laughing feel free to take them away from me mods Smile
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well if you feel like posting and deleting your messages whole day long Rolling Eyes there's an anti-flood in place (wait time between posts) Razz

just don't let me catch you doing that Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

If you want bits that badly, I'll give you bits.
Kingnoz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

can i have 1000 bits so i don't have to sit there all day long doing the post, delete thing.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, I found this out before, but like tony said, there is anti-flood control, and I doubt people would spend tons of time posting and deleting stuff.

and if one of us catches whoever does it, we'll just take it away, so I don't think it's that big of an issue.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what the heck, i fixed this.

hummmmmmmm, dum system actacking up.

any how i the i am going to make a fix for this that will not be fun for the poleop who try it next time Twisted Evil
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there i have fixed the problem agean Rolling Eyes

this time there is a litte surpires for poleop that try to exploit this Twisted Evil
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oooo little suprises eh? I wanna see... Twisted Evil
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh.. u lose 5 bits if u do it
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:51 am   Post subject: (No subject)

That's not even that bad. There's a way to get lots more bits shortly after you sign up.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Guess dan fixed the delete post bug-- umm.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i did that like 5 times when i first got here so i could get anuf bits for colors.... meh... thats old bug... hmmm.....

yea.. well if u read the rules u get 20 bits... so tahts cool!

best way to get bits... the WEEKLY quiz... *cough*dan*couigh*

Razz
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow... THAT hasn't been updated for a long time, but meh, its summer... comspci isn't all that important, go out and get skin cancer Very Happy
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: