Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Simple Quick Stick Guy Animation
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Tutorials
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TheFerret

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:11 pm   Post subject: Simple Quick Stick Guy Animation

Here it is... I made it quickly...

If you are wondering, the line in the middle is a knife...

Badanimation.swf
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.6 KB
 Viewed:  6807 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mint

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Keep working at it, and if you want people to think it's a knife draw one, the thing that kills flash animators the most is lazyness.
TheFerret

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I know that but this is my first real animation... I was going to do a guy walking but the line kept on flipping between the frames (look before guy jumps) and I couldn't find a way to get it not to flip...
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

creating another keyframe during the tween and correcting the position of the object should fix that.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Delta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that's very interesting (why it flips) not a bad animation for a first try I suppose... but it does seem like you were a lil lazy... It seems that you used motion tweens for just about everything :S ... try drawing a couple things frame by frame then looping it using symbols... and then motion tween the symbol if you have to... because motion tweens do tend to be screwy sometimes
TheZsterBunny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i find that motion tweens are pretty good versus shape tweens.

then again, i don't actually animate people.

-Z
scottyrush13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shape tweens are quite a bit more glitchy and screwy when compared to motion tweens. i usually dont have any problems with motion tweens, but i get the odd problem with shape tweens
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> Flash MX Tutorials
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: