Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 hl2 vs doom3
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:04 am   Post subject: hl2 vs doom3

which would you choose? y?

hl2's got a cool gravity gun, and it's got a good story line, doom3... it has stupid monster designs
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't like the fact you could throw bugs.... and then they attack you and then you squash them...
Mazer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:35 am   Post subject: Re: hl2 vs doom3

greenapplesodaex wrote:
hl2's got a cool gravity gun, and it's got a good story line, doom3... it has stupid monster designs

Hmm... a bit biased are we?

Yet I do agree, just for different reasons. I don't much care for the weapons, but I do like that there was a point to Half Life. The whole point of Doom was "You're the last guy and they're aliens, here's some guns -- you know what to do."

I see Doom3 as more of a "Hey lets see how many special effects we can cram into a piece of junk!" Because even though it looks incredible, I doubt that it will be much fun.

I see Half Life2 as more of a "Man, those geeks sure loved Half Life... let's make a sequel. Hell, let's make it look pretty too."
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I see Mazer as shut the fuck up.

Doom 3 is a classic. The first "real" first person shooter. This is a tribute to it. Find me a gamer that hasn't heard of Doom.

Their goal with doom III is to make it scary as hell. It has the most sophisticated graphics and physics engines to date, moreso than Half-Life 2 for sure. Now, as a downside, multi-player is extremely limited simply because of the number of things that have to be sent back and forth between the client and the server. Doom III supports 4 people.

I read the PC Gamer review for it. 94%. Some of the stuff that they talked about in it was just amazing. A few more days and you'll see for yourself.

ID Software hasn't let me down yet, I don't see why you think this is going to be crap.
greenapplesodaex

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:42 am   Post subject: reply

what about wolf 3d? it's earlier than doom, isnt it?
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:54 am   Post subject: (No subject)

wolf 3d doesn't count.

It sucked ass.

And there were more before that.

Doom III was the first fleshed out one.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:17 am   Post subject: (No subject)

You and your silly opinions.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

DONT DIS DOOM! OR ID SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!

1: Doom is a classic... always will be.. and is still fun.. wihtout it ur half life wouldn't have been made... it was the first FPS that ppl took attention to and it basically started the FPS generation...

2: Wolf3d sucks and was aimed at a different storyline.. blah.. think it was b4 doom

3: doom3 im shure kicks the ass outa half life2's graphics anyday...

4: i still love and play doom2 (and over a network cuz its fun) Doom95(windows app) launcher rocks <allows u to play doom1,2,tnt,plutonia plus custom WADS and play multiplayer.... so Razz its still fun!!!!!

i have played doom2.. and half life 1.... but i will be buyign doom3 later on...

the point of doom is to save the earth from being overrun by monsters..even tho ur the last peron alive....
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
DONT DIS DOOM! OR ID SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!

the_short1 wrote:
2: Wolf3d sucks

I'm gonna sit back for a moment to let you guess who made Wolfenstein. Then you may reflect on your previous statement.

OK.

the_short1 wrote:
... and was aimed at a different storyline.. blah.. think it was b4 doom

Doom didn't HAVE a storyline.

the_short1 wrote:
3: doom3 im shure kicks the ass outa half life2's graphics anyday...

You kids are funny. Graphics are everything. Yup.

the_short1 wrote:
4: i still love and play doom2 (and over a network cuz its fun) Doom95(windows app) launcher rocks <allows u to play doom1,2,tnt,plutonia plus custom WADS and play multiplayer.... so Razz its still fun!!!!!

Even though we're talking about Doom3 and HL2, fine. Half Life was all about mods, what's your point?
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:06 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Screw HL2, we want CS2!!!!
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Mazer wrote:

Doom didn't HAVE a storyline.

Actucaly it did, it was a very odd one and had very litte input in to it other then the intro text and the ending text tho. Was about poleop making a portal to hell and one guy going in to it and so on. Very much like the sotry of half life just that it was never devloped behond the point of the start text and end text.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, if there was a story, they didn't try very hard to tell it to us.
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

i did say wolfd 3d sucked... < due to storyline..(no monsters instead theirs those cops and stuff)

but i was not dissing the company... it was just not one of their best... they regained my vote after playing doom cuz they did a hell of a job..
Martin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Those cops were called Nazis.

And it's called CS:Source, not CS 2.
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 wrote:
i did say wolfd 3d sucked... < due to storyline..(no monsters instead theirs those cops and stuff)

WTF is that? Monsters make a story, but nazis don't?
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 45 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: