Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing Soccer with AI
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
mynameisbob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:27 pm   Post subject: Turing Soccer with AI

Here’s a soccer game I’ve made. This is my first attempt at programming AI.... It works quite well for this game and is actually hard to beat the computer so I’ve added a sprint option allowing you to run twice as fast for a short period. Read the .txt file for the controls.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think you're forgetting something Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
mynameisbob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ok here it is...for some reason i could not add it to the first post, i tried at least 4 times...

Soccer.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Soccer.rar
 Filesize:  352.88 KB
 Downloaded:  1083 Time(s)

Paul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice, very nice, nice crisp graphics, like the fact you take to time for the text at the top, ppl running looks great Smile the AI is awesome, care to explain how you made it? and just something... I seem to be able to kick the ball further than the AI... and also, I kinda pushed the AI plus the ball out of the map... from beside my goal Embarassed lol
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heh, I pushed the AI out of the map as well, but then it comes back... and it scores by running into the net though the side Confused

overall it looks like a very nice game put together, BUT - it is quite hard to play 1v1, even with sprint. A better option would be to play 2v2, with an AI on the user's side.

user's AI could have 2 settings - offensive and defensive. User will act as the captain and order teammate AI which style to play.

offensive will simply run after the ball.
defensive will do the same, but will stay in the desegnated half of the field.

the user should be able to flip control between the two players. Preaty much just like in any other team sports game there is Laughing

+20Bits
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
mynameisbob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the AI I used for the computer player to track down the ball is very similar to how you control the star in the missile game that comes with turing. After the computer is close enough to the ball he just runs straight towards the net.

The computer doesnt kick the ball, yet, he just runs and pushes it....

hmm...still to difficult...my best score without using sprint was 7-2, and using sprint 12-0 Confused Very Happy .
I'll trying to add two players on each team
and thanks for the bits tony.
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh I see, interesting, you should also make it kick the ball in the direction of the net... that'll make it harder.
Delta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't know if it's just me but I suck at this game... I haven't scored once in the five minutes I played it... but ya... I'm very interested in your method of ai here... do you have msn?... if so private msg it to me so we can chat...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

mynameisbob wrote:
the AI I used for the computer player to track down the ball is very similar to how you control the star in the missile game that comes with turing. After the computer is close enough to the ball he just runs straight towards the net.

The computer doesnt kick the ball, yet, he just runs and pushes it....

Delta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

paul I noticed that... I meant actually talk about his method... ie... see it... silly child...
Viper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wut on earth ru talkin bout

nice game ima soccer fanatic
draddog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i liked i but when you both run to the bll at th beggining if you kick it it bounces off the back of the net and i dont get to score Crying or Very sad other than that its good i like the ai but it would be better if he actually kiced it
jesusmafia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, good graphics, good AI
but i suck pretty hard at this game
but good all round
compuwiz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Cool game.....i find it really chalenging......ALMOST IMPOSIBLE TO SCORE!!...... From a player's point of view, it is a quite good game for the median that it was made with.

At the same time, from a programmers point of view....i am quite interested in how it works.....Since i am still learning, i can not imagine how this was made, but i am really interested as to how it was made.

Once again, COOL GAME!!
cycro1234

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This was posted July 28 2004. Why would u bring it back up? If you don't have something relavent to say, PM the user.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: