Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Americas Army the Game
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

The America's army game :)
(No ending time set)
Yes I played it
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
No I haven't played it
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
America's army :O.. No.. i will never have anything to do with them
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
I can understand why they spent so much money on this game :)
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lmao where did u get steak from?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

From the magic of joking. Stake -> steak. Yum?
Dauntless

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Uranium tips are used because uranium is more dense than whatever else they use to tip bullets. That way, you get more hitting power in less cross-sectional area, providing an increase in force and better conservation of that force over distance without affecting the arerodynamics. But I think the depleted uranium they used in the first Gulf War gave people cancer..lol

Also, come on now, apparently gore in video games desensitizes us. I guess cuz unless you have a good video card, it won't shock you into not joining the Army. But either way, the real thing is going to be alot different from the game. It's like paintball.. You don't think about the getting shot part, you think about the shooting. But when you're in a forest all by yourself (with a crappy rental), your heart rates gets going.

Anyways, I use to play as BlackOp-Dauntless. I used to be a mad sniper, but I'm probably rusty now, the last time I played was 1.6 (or whatever the medic update was). I gotta say though, it did make me want to be a sniper, even though I wouldn't be able to in real life. And also, I don't think a sniper has ever been responsible for taking an innocent life in Iraq, on purpose at least (don't say it's never on purpose, I'm talking about for snipers).
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Dauntless wrote:
Uranium tips are used because uranium is more dense than whatever else they use to tip bullets. That way, you get more hitting power in less cross-sectional area, providing an increase in force and better conservation of that force over distance without affecting the arerodynamics. But I think the depleted uranium they used in the first Gulf War gave people cancer..lol

Thanx captain obvious...
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey Dan, I can understand that you don't like war and all that stuff but an Army has a right to recruit people as much as Wendy's, engineering firms, law firms, and all that other bullshit does. What is wrong with protecting democracy or doing one's duty (and we aren't talking about Iraq and I won't get in to it). Hell, in Canada we need more soldiers just for the existing regiments or whatever they are called as they are undermanned and we expect them to go into danger.

I've played America's Army and I liked it but I could never figure out which people to shoot and you always move so slowly that I just found it slow. And as a recruiting tool - damn good job though I wanted to join the army before playing it.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: