Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 My New Family PC
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Good Bang For The Buck?
(No ending time set)
Hell Yea...
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Yea...
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Meh...
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
No...
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Hell No... i can get a better deal at Rip You Off Shack ;) (Radioshack)
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge_tomahawk wrote:
is it bad to view an lcd monitor when it is completely dark in the room?

It's bad to see anything bright in a dark room. Flickering (not from the device, but from whatever is being displayed), ie flashing from dark to bright scenes, puts strain on the muscles in your eyes as they constantly have to shrink and enlarge your iris to allow more light or block it out as necessary. But I don't know if LCDs have any special issues to be aware of.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LCDs don't completly protect your eyes you know... they still do get dmg, but it's way better then those old damm screens, bulky ones Razz
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

good point amailer..

anyways..

i just thoguht i would take a peak at gateway... but they way too expensive...

but..

http://www.gateway.com/home/products/hm_dtp_710.shtml

check out the 710 xl on the far right...

DAM! for 3300$$$ would u buy that PC? .... and remember that thread about what u would do with 700gig? well.. this one has a 500gig HD,... i didn't think u could buy a computer with that much space.(well from a public company like gateway, dell,acer etc).... not to mentio nthe 256 MB 3d card.... holy mofo..

me would want..... anyways.. i thoguht i would share and let u guys drool.... .

also... please tell me if u think that ACER comp is a ok deal.. cuz as soon as i get one more email back ( if that deal sucks)<another company.. then i get to buy acer one ..Smile
thanks..
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The brand names in Wintel PCs are (almost) never going to be bargains.

And yes, you can easily have 500GB of storage in a desktop these days. Currently Serial ATA hard drives are being manufactured in sizes as large as 250GB. Decent motherboards will support at least two of these, giving you 500GB right there. At the same time, you can install a PCI card which will offer additional internal connectors, and often allow you to create a hardware RAID.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well.. this was ONE 500 gig HD... meaning..

u could have 3 of those bad boys in there..(plus 1 CD drive).. 1.5 terabytes... HOLY MOFO....
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bah.. what you really want is one of these.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You're not catching on. Don't buy a computer from the retailer. Get it from a wholesale site. $680 + 300 = 980. Free shipping from tigerdirect, and no PST. You're at about 1050.
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1, do you use AOL?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
JayLo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

anyone know any good sites for laptops?
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

JayLo wrote:
anyone know any good sites for laptops?

iBook
PowerBook
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

HELL NO! i dont use AOL that is the WORST f ing shit... (and ive never installed on my PC, but ive used it at a friends house a couple times) Evil or Very Mad

yea... but buying wholesale has disadvantages. shipping times, leasing, on site service.. but has its advantages too like not pst..better price and good selection....

i looked on tiger direct... u cant search by components can u?

find a omputer with all these parts...DVD RW, CD RW, 256 RAM, 40 GB HD, penitum or AMD CPU type of thing? i didnt find one.. u have to look thru so many dam computers... it sucks... and the ones that have ALL the stuff in them that i want, have lots of crap i DONT want.. or very expensive parts... IE computer has wireless keyboard and wireless optical mouse, and i dont wnat that.. i just want a simple mouse and keyboard so it saves money ...
/

other wise u need to get a BTO PC to get the things i want in a PC... simply because it is an unusual setup...

going wholesale would be very easy if i had another 500 $$ to kick around... but i dont...

but here in town, its easier to make that PC or find one thats close and just edit it abit......
Mazer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Darkness wrote:
the_short1, do you use AOL?

LOL. CAD... gotta love it.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

o... hahahah i read that one..

funny stuff.. yea... CAD goat love it...
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I'm just being a jerk, don't mind me.,
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mazer wrote:
dodge_tomahawk wrote:
is it bad to view an lcd monitor when it is completely dark in the room?

It's bad to see anything bright in a dark room. Flickering (not from the device, but from whatever is being displayed), ie flashing from dark to bright scenes, puts strain on the muscles in your eyes as they constantly have to shrink and enlarge your iris to allow more light or block it out as necessary. But I don't know if LCDs have any special issues to be aware of.

if thats the case mazer.. thats good for u eyes. Laughing i'm serious ... it strengthens the muscles in ur eys.. no i'm not kididng.. i'm damn serious. one of the exercises ur doctor will recomend to u (if u have weak eyes) is to switch focus on near and far objects to strengthen the muscles
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 5 of 6  [ 76 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: