Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 S.O.S HELP:WINDOWS 2000 Quick Launch Bar
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
papatya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:21 am   Post subject: S.O.S HELP:WINDOWS 2000 Quick Launch Bar

Dear fellow windows users,

other than the fact that windows can be a major pain in the ass, i would like some help with the following issue.

Upon starting my computer, my beloved Quick Launch Bar was GONE! Being the smart person I am, I took the obvious root, right clicked the taskbar, went to Tool Bars, and then clicked 'Quick Launch' to my dismay, I recieved an error "Cannot create Toolbar"

Being as resourceful as I could, I searched all over google, to pinpoint the problem, and find it's solution.

I recieved 2 solutions, but unfortunately, it was solutions to a slightly different problem. One solution suggested a problem within the registry editor (regedit) and to delete a file that had been made there, I did not own the file. The second solution involved a deleted Quick Launch folder within the system, mine had not been deleted.

I would like to solve the problem without reinstalling the system.

But if that is the only solution, will the reinstallation of the OS result in a deletion of all my files?

Please help!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

What if you just make your own toolbar and put the quick launch icons into that?
octopi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:14 am   Post subject: Re: S.O.S HELP:WINDOWS 2000 Quick Launch Bar

papatya wrote:

I recieved 2 solutions, but unfortunately, it was solutions to a slightly different problem. One solution suggested a problem within the registry editor (regedit) and to delete a file that had been made there, I did not own the file.

What do you mean you don't own the file?
papatya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the file that was supposed to be the cause of the glitch, does not exist within my computer.

i also tried to make a new toolbar, but the same "cannot create toolbar" message comes up.
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

um... do u have ur taskbar unlocked?
papatya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

how can i check if its locked or not?
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

right click it, and see if "lock the taskbar" is checked...
papatya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thats not an option.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

YOUR NOT AN OPTION!
Well, u know what the tech support ppl say, if there ever is an error that u can't fix, reformat! Laughing
papatya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there has to be a way to fix it, i don't want to reformat.
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

But reformatting is fun! I still can't understand why it won't let you make a new toolbar. Are you trying to name the new toolbar "quick launch" or something and that's what's causing the problem?
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

get partion magic make a new partition, install windows on that one, move all ur stuff over and voila ur done
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Rolling Eyes
if you want your quick lauch back.. right click on the task bar and click properties... you should see Show Quick Launch there.. check it.. press OK.
If this is not what you are looking for, ignore it... it is the same thing as you did but idk, might work.
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think she tried that already...
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: