Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Appreciation of Help
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
beard0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:48 pm   Post subject: Appreciation of Help

Too often I posts in which someone has asked for help, and which one or more people devote time to giving help, and then the forum ends. It looks like the advice they give should be the answer, but the original poster hasn't come back and said "It works! Thanks!" I have been one of the people to help others, and have felt before that thanks would be due. If you want people to continue to help you with your difficulties, let them know that you appreciate it.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya it is nice when poleop say thanks and let us know that our advice worked or not for them. There is also that nice bits system witch realy lets poleop know that u are happy with there help Wink

Athougth do not bother giving mods bits since there bits are reset every so offten. But i am shure they whould like your thanks in the post or in a pm.

Athougth i do understand how poleop can forget about a topic they may have posted, witch can hapen to all of us some times.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

also often the people asking for help are jsut starting out on the forum... and therefore dont have any bits ...

but a simple please and ty goes a long way.... like in runescape... so many dam beggers... like if u say 'can anyone please give me a weapon' i mtie give one... instead of 'NEED WEAPON'.. like common..
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well... I've recieved thanx myself... but I urge everyone to refrain from doing as this person has done, for your own safety, a simple thanks will do Smile

Cuzty wrote:
I cannot describe to you how much I love you, Paul.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, it doesn't really matter to me most of the time. I still try to help even if I know that person will not come back.

Though we are a FREE help site, so we shouldn't expect something to begin with. It is nice to hear a thanks here and there, but really, I don't think most of us expects something when we put in our own free time to help people get better in compsci.

and I'll move this to GD, since it's kinda irrelevant to Turing.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya you can not expcet much when helping on a fourm but it is nice when polep are tahnk full, we did take the time to post on a FREE help site :p.

Edit: For the poleop reading this a post question alot i do mean like u have to say tanks when some one helps u, just that they apershate it when u do Wink
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well when the reason why i help is not for my own bennefits. if u really want to help, dont do it for the praises/gratitudes
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dodge_tomahawk wrote:
well when the reason why i help is not for my own bennefits. if u really want to help, dont do it for the praises/gratitudes

Ya do it for the bits......... Razz j/k

[rant]
Well i help b/c this is my site (and tonys too) but also to help encogle poleop to get in to the great subject of compsci and computer realted stuff. If we did not who whould stop the mass canasling of compsci corse in HS around ont??? I mean it is geting crazy, so far both HS i have been have cansled grade 12 compsci and one clansle grade 10 compsci. Also very few are having comp engering corses. I think poleop derser the chance to learn how to porgame in school and have an acecptal level of rescorces and teachers for it.
[/rant]
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

we should have a student strike!... except i think thats illegal cuz it'd be called truency but still, we should do somthing to get more compsci classes in some schools
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well the best way whould be to get more poleop to take them Rolling Eyes

A good idea whould be trying to permot them in loacal high schools, b/c i think alot of poleop do not know what compsci is about and think it is another math class but with comps. I think that if poleop knew they got to make a video game for a fianl progject they may whont to take the corse more Razz
Andy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea, and the course outline for the compsci courses are a lil bit daunting...
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: