Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 File Hosting...
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:06 pm   Post subject: File Hosting...

Anyone know where I can get 20MB of this zip I need to post up hosted? 20MB is all I need. And I have to be able to upload the 20 MB all at once, ie: not like yahoo briefcase where there is a 5MB limit per file. Rolling Eyes

Tank-joo. (Thank you)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You can ask Tony to expand ur compsci upload limit, or split up ur file using WINRAR to less than 5 mb bits.
templest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul Bian wrote:
You can ask Tony to expand ur compsci upload limit

heh...

Paul Bian wrote:
or split up ur file using WINRAR to less than 5 mb bits.

mmmeh... so much work. Confused

EDIT: Ohh yeah, how do you make multi-part RAR files? I wouldn't mind doing that... As in, you unpack one and the rest follow?
Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

um, right click the file, click add to archive..., under "split to volumes, bytes" select the 4,096,000 then ok, that will split ur files to 4mb bits I believe.
templest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul Bian wrote:
um, right click the file, click add to archive..., under "split to volumes, bytes" select the 4,096,000 then ok, that will split ur files to 4mb bits I believe.

Thanks a bahzillion. Wink
templest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice, http://www.trap17.com

Apperently, If you're anactive forum member and have more than 40 posts, you get free hosting for as long as you remain active. 50+ GB, PHP, Perl, 2MySQL Databases, CPanel, ect... good stuff. Very Happy

PS: I'm already up to 10 posts. Wink
naoki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, with Tripod of UK, they allow you to use an FTP connection to access files in your account, and allow you to transfer files this way as well. Though I've never successfully done it, I have TRIED to transfer large 14mb files (reasons are like, connection reset).

And they give you 50mb to work with.
templest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

naoki wrote:
Well, with Tripod of UK, they allow you to use an FTP connection to access files in your account, and allow you to transfer files this way as well. Though I've never successfully done it, I have TRIED to transfer large 14mb files (reasons are like, connection reset).

And they give you 50mb to work with.

exactly... but I like this host I'm going for because they don't put ads on your site and give you cPanel. Very Happy

I did manage to install PHPBB2 on TripodUK, a while back... I never updated it, It was mostly just to see if it was possible, I tried going to the site today to see if it was still up but apperantly there's an error in the board's code so it won't load up. But when it was running, it worked, and very well, and it hides the ads believe it or not, which is super elite. 8)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
naoki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ohhh ....... well i just use my account to store files that i need to keep ...... like school projects or media files ...... i don't really use it to maintain a website

but that's pretty damn cool if your phpbb2 actually managed to work on tripod .....
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: