Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Linux pie.
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea but what about security updates? thats part of the support you know..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

There's a lot of support building behind the Fedora project. More and more distros are working on retooling to be based on the Fedora releases, and a lot of people are using Fedora Core 1 and Fedora Core 2.

There is support for it out there. It's not a paid phone call, read off a script kind of tech support you get from a lot of corporate entities, but then, who'd want it to be?
rizzix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea but security updates..
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

My computer doesnt seem to want to boot from the debain cd, but it is 8 years old or so... the disk i have is the 1 of the set of 7... help please?
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I put my bios back to "hard disk only", although the result was the same, and then opened the D drive and clicked install\boot, and dos asked me which kernel I wanted, so I pressed "4. Vanilla(standard)" but windows told me that I needed to change some shortcut properties so that "boot" would run in dos only mode or something, but I closed that alert and "boot" had terminated, and the last thing that it said was "not enough free memory" or something... now I'm really confused.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: