Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Distance Finder - Find your way around Canada
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ashan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:41 am   Post subject: Distance Finder - Find your way around Canada

This is a simple program that is used to find the distance from major cities of canada to another. It uses GUI interface so it's more user friendly!!

P.S - this is my first submission so don't expect much!!

Ashan

distance_program.ZIP
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  distance_program.ZIP
 Filesize:  88.38 KB
 Downloaded:  274 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well I dont have access to my computer to testrun your program on the account that it is broken

but from the sneak peak at your data file, I'd say that you're just just displaying a list of precalculated distances... that's not the way it should be Confused It is not that much harder load locations of the cities and find the distance between the two points Math.Distance

would be much easier to add another city as well since you would not have to calculate the distance to every other city yourself and edit the datafile. + giving the user an option to enter the GPS coordinates of the city to add it to the map would be a nice feature
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
thegoose

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How about a program that finds road distance (aka. distance by highway)rather than map distance. Wouldn't that be more fun?
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool idea... decent enuf program... GUI on someones first.. thats wicked..

thers a lot of websites out there that do all this and more.. including the highway distance..

but congrads on the effort...

gj
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: