Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 HELP ASAP!
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
dragonsace

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:57 am   Post subject: HELP ASAP!

Hi i am a computer science student who has a dumb teacher who cant teach... i have an ISP aka project due in like a few days and i need some help to program a basic application.. i was thinking of a metric converter but can some1 plz help me n code a basic application for me! PLZ!! Very Happy
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
McKenzie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

1. Even if your teacher was an actual pet rock that just sat at the front of the class and never said a word you should be able to figure out a metric conversoin program by just taking some time and looking at the VB section of this site.
2. Posting HELP ASAP in a help section is stateing the obvious you should have labelled it "HELP ME CHEAT ON MY FINAL PROJECT"
3. Asking for someone to do your final project for you is an invite for a flame-fest.
jonos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ahem, now for some help. I haven't done VB for a bit so I won't use any special language for it (I wasn't good at it even when I did try it anyways).

What you have to do is have a group of radio buttons that you can check to choose which conversions you want. Then you just have and editable text field that you input the number into then you haev a non-editable text field that you return the conversion to. If you don't know how to do that, then I suggest you just fail the course and take something else in lieu of it next year.
ShadowStorm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay.. you're very vague.

Be more specific... then we can help you.
dragonsace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:49 pm   Post subject: ok..

well i jsut need a program to me able to make conversions for a simple math class so cm - m , mm - cm , m -km , and cm - inches and thats it! Laughing Laughing HURRY ASAP
Brightguy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:46 pm   Post subject: Re: ok..

There's really not much to conversions:
code:
Private Function cm2m(ByVal cm As Double) As Double
    cm2m = cm / 10 ^ 2
End Function

Private Function mm2cm(ByVal mm As Double) As Double
    mm2cm = mm / 10 ^ 1
End Function

Private Function m2km(ByVal m As Double) As Double
    m2km = m / 10 ^ 3
End Function

Private Function cm2in(ByVal cm As Double) As Double
    cm2in = cm / 2.54
End Function

I assume you know how to use option/command buttons...
You can display the answers somewhat like this:
Label1.Caption = cm2in(Text1.Text)
Mint

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:08 pm   Post subject: Re: ok..

dragonsace wrote:
well i jsut need a program to me able to make conversions for a simple math class so cm - m , mm - cm , m -km , and cm - inches and thats it! Laughing Laughing HURRY ASAP

You're asking others to do YOUR final project FOR YOU, at least you could be patient.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The best way to get help around here is to start with what you know, and then to read tutorials and past posts without posting anything. When you have exausted all possible avenues, post your code and a coherent question, explaining what it is that you are stuck on.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: