Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Making a redirect page...
Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
templest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:24 am   Post subject: Making a redirect page...

I have my site, and when someone types: "http://xiplst.ath.cx/templest"

I want it to go to that folder. But it won't... I think the browser just tries to find a file called "templest" and won't find it.

The same thing goes for "http://xiplst.ath.cx/forum"

I was thinking making a redirect page called "templest" and another "forum", would that work? or wth should I do? Confused
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:26 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well it wouldn't be a redirect page if you want to view the folder's contents... Confused I think you'd have to set folder's permissions to allow to view it's contents, but I'm not sure
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
templest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well, see... I can view the folder just fine if I type the extra "/" in the URL, but if I link to it, the browsers think I'm trying to view a file called the name of the folder. And plus, I want people to be able to go into the forum by just typing: "xiplst.ath.cx/forum" without having to remember the "/" at the end. Confused
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why not just rename the file index.html thats in the forum folder into forum.html and put that in the main folder.... cuz browsers auto add .html to things...

otherwise i dotn think u cna mkae a redirect.. or at least i dont know..
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Web Design -> (X)HTML Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: