Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing Web Server (Alpha)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
andytyk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:32 am   Post subject: Turing Web Server (Alpha)

Yesterday I came across a post here, talking about a webserver written in Turing, so I set out to write one.

By the end of last night, I had a server that responds to all GET requests with the proper HTTP header, such as 404 or 200, with content-type etc. Still, I was not sastified as it could only serve ASCII files.

So today, I rewrote it using binary format, this lead to more parsing of Request headers but it was worth it. Unfortuneately, I didn't have time to code in headers today, parsing of non-binary files etc. so every comes out as binary and loads without headers.

It also does weird things with some binary files, such as cutting them short, but it works fine with most images I believe. Remember this is in Alpha stages of developement and would just like some comments. Future plans include, logging, CGI, etc.

The home dir is c:\www and runs on port 81. You can access other folders by http://localhost:81/../whatever, a security hole I've yet to fix.

Included is a screenshot of it in action.

New Version Jul-31/1pm : Supports 200 codes with select mime types. Binary file downloads now work after throttling the speed on the sends (Turing was sending too slow), and ../ ./ commands doesn't work anymore.

aserver.zip
 Description:
Alpha Web Server + Screenshot

Download
 Filename:  aserver.zip
 Filesize:  346.24 KB
 Downloaded:  227 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

very nice +50 bits
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: