Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 This is my Debut Solo Project in Turing
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Zampano

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:03 am   Post subject: This is my Debut Solo Project in Turing

I created this after 4 periods of instruction on Object Oriented Turing 4.0.
It's lame, but it's my beginning project.

var command:string
var enhealth,youhealth:int
put "A goblin has attacked you."
put "Fight back by entering battle commands or perish!"
enhealth:=200
youhealth:=100
loop
put "Enter a command."
put "(A)Attack"
put "(B)Heal"
put "(C)Nothing"
get command
if command="A" or command="a" then
put "You chose to attack."
enhealth:=enhealth-15
youhealth:=youhealth-10
put "You damaged your enemy for 15 points."
put "Your enemy damaged you for 10 points."
put "Your current health is ",youhealth,"/100."
elsif command="B" or command="b" then
put "You chose to heal."
youhealth:=youhealth+40
if youhealth>100 then
youhealth:=100
end if
put "You healed yourself for 40 points."
elsif command="C" or command="c" then
put "You chose to do nothing."
else
put "Invalid battle command."
end if
exit when youhealth<=0 or enhealth<=0
end loop
if enhealth<=0 and youhealth>0 then
put "You won the battle against the very weak enemy. Conglaturation!"
elsif youhealth<=0 and enhealth>0 then
put "You lost to one of the lamest enemies conceivable. How very anticlimactic."
elsif youhealth<=0 and enhealth<=0 then
put "You killed your opponent, but as he lay dying he dealt unto you the final blow; you fell as well."
end if
[/list]
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:03 am   Post subject: Re: This is my Debut Solo Project in Turing

It is not a bad start for having just started turing. It could still use some work to make it more fun to play but i am shure you will add to it as you go.

When posting code on this site you can make it look nice by using the bbcode syntax, and in the ""s put the name of the langue. So for turing you could do:

code:

[syntax="turing"]
put "hello"
[/syntax]

And it will look like this:

Turing:

put "hello"
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:51 am   Post subject: RE:This is my Debut Solo Project in Turing

It's really cool to see someone jump into programming like that, and already posting code after 4 classes.

I see that you're already familiar with a lot of basic concepts: variables, loops, if statements.

If you want to jump a little bit ahead, and make your game a bit more dynamic, a good place to start would be to throw some random values in there, just to mix things up a bit. (You shouldn't be able to always damage for 15 points exact)

Turing:

damage := Rand.Int(10,20)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
CodeMonkey2000

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:27 pm   Post subject: RE:This is my Debut Solo Project in Turing

You should use all the resources provided right here. Check out the Turing Walkthrough. If you want to pursue your RPG, read up on classes (once you have enough experience of course).
Zampano

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:09 am   Post subject: Re: This is my Debut Solo Project in Turing

Thanks all for the advice and help, guys. I'm going to continue with Turing and other languages and eventually, I will make games better than these.
I'll definately be looking into the user tutorials as well.
UraniumLobster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:09 am   Post subject: RE:This is my Debut Solo Project in Turing

Im new to turing too, and I don't know how to do that yet... haha
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: