Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [FP] Quest Master Shooting Game Dealy Thingy
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Rate My Game
(No ending time set)
Amazing
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Good
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Needs Improvement
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Sux
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Boss_Duff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:35 am   Post subject: [FP] Quest Master Shooting Game Dealy Thingy

So about me and stuff. I originally planned to make this an rpg. Then I was like: too many people are making those, I want to shoot stuff. So I made it a shooter. I'm not sure if there are bugs, I personally didn't find any but if you do then let me know pls. I'm not exactly the most pro programmer or anything but this was the only project we did that I actually wanted to do. I am in grade 11. I think thats all the requirements. Oh yeah. Expect Quest Master 2 next year (hopefully in java)

Features:
3 Game modes (easy, medium,hard)
Passwords/cheat codes
7 Levels
There was music but it made the filesize too large

**You might need a fast computer to run this fullspeed**
**If you have Turing 4.05, run it from the game.t file and not the exe. I've noticed the exe makes it a bit slower**

crosshair.t
 Description:
Download this and ovewrite the one in the winrar file.

Download
 Filename:  crosshair.t
 Filesize:  14.62 KB
 Downloaded:  491 Time(s)

FPQM no music.rar
 Description:
This is my game.

Download
 Filename:  FPQM no music.rar
 Filesize:  1.84 MB
 Downloaded:  692 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

come on man, I've upgraded your upload space, attach the game here Rolling Eyes you dont seen to get any bandwidth on that other account since your daily maximum is already usedup Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Boss_Duff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I've tried uploading twice. both times it has given me this exact error:

Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./../bbs/files/FPQM.rar.

its 11.4 megs. I think it's too much so Im going to split it up.

EDIT: I split it up but it still wont let me upload anything > 2megs I think because I could upload my main one fine. You can still play it without the music though. Oh well. At least you get to play it. Very Happy
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

not bad, but its kinda slow, flahes and monster graphics appear on top of the gun Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Boss_Duff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

whats your comp specs?
it runs fine for me on:
AMD 1500
256mb of ram.
WinXP pro
geforce2 (lol)

I'm not sure what flash you are talking about. It is supposed to flash when you get hit. Depending on what difficulty you set it on, the monsters have a longer or shorter time to wait before they hit you. If thats not the flash you are talking about then I dunno. I've never seen it flash anywhere but when you get hit. The monsters appear on top of the gun because I honestly thought it wouldn't matter to anyone but I guess it does lol.
SuperGenius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

nice job, looks pretty slick. However I'm with tony in that the baddies should not show on top of the gun because it makes your game look cheaper than it should.
Boss_Duff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ok. I'll fix it Smile thanks for the feedback btw.

It's fixed. I added the new crosshair.t file as an attachment.
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> [FP] 2004/2005 Archive
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: