Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Pacman w/level editor
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Ultimus

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:47 pm   Post subject: Pacman w/level editor

This is a full game I made last year during comp sci class... it wasnt an assignment or anything... I just did it for fun. when it asks you for the level file, give it the path to the included "levels.dat" file which contains 3 standard levels I made. I've also included an iffy level maker for those who want to make their own levels to play on.

Enjoy, and don't get eaten!

Pacman.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Pacman.zip
 Filesize:  9.05 KB
 Downloaded:  802 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

That's some pretty good stuff there. A bit of View.Updating...and it'll be looking even better!

+ bits.
Ultimus

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks.

Actually I did this back in the days of Turing 3.x before View.Update. I think I added some updating later when it was integrated into Turing but yeah it's a bit off. Maybe I'll try to fix it.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:44 am   Post subject: (No subject)

OMFG!!!!!

from the PacMasta himself... THAT IS AMAZING

i really liked the level edwitor and the multi levels.... im still trying to think of ways of adding more levels to my game.... its hard cuz for my colision with wall detection ... and all dots... they are all buildt in coords meh.. ill figure it out...

ur AI... wow... works GREAT.... except it wont go around walls if ur on other side... so thats expected..that is why i alowed mine to run thru walls.... *i coulda made boundaries... but i didn't.. for that reason... also its harder Smile

i liked the built in sounds... and pictures
guess it was a must to be built in since this is from turing v3.1

also.. i like how u put the version number rite into the program... i shoulda done that with mine... but thanks for the idea..

the 'certified proc' ~!!! DAM THAT IS THE SMARTEST THING I HAVE EVER SAW!!!!! except i woulda put lower in the program so the people camnt see it... DAM... thats good... then u can also be able to post in source insted of submissions... without the worry.... DAM... me like that a LOT!!!!

also... if that person was a thef perhaps make a crap load of empty folders on their desktop for evil payback... PM me ill show yea something cool Evil or Very Mad

also... i liked the starting and death sequences for pacman.. its JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL!!! me like...

Suggesttions:

-have some instruction manual for the level editor and/ or game... i coulnd't figure out the pause button... and how to work the level editor after inputing the values for questions

-Have a speed setting... since my shityass comp goes so slow on ur game **it was playable but slow.. also im shure its too fast on a 3GHZ machine

PacMasta overall rating: B- *** really liked the level editor and multilevels

+20 BITS
Ultimus

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thx a bunch dude.

Of course, when I made this, I never thought of releasing it publicly, but yeah, I should be taking cpu speed into account. Also, It won't run too fast on a powerful machine... I have one, and I put in the delays to get the speed on track.

And yeah the level editor was also not really meant to be released... It was sort of a tool I made for myself to build levels. If you haven't figured it out, enter places a tile , and . place enemies I believe, and to select tiles use the number keys (each tile has a 2 digit code, for ex. 01 for standard dots) Hope that helped a bit.
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 6:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

see... now that is much better now that i understand...

maybe u could make ur instructions and make it into .txt and include it in the zip...

good im glad i helped.... since i became PacMasta i have a great responsibility to compsci to provide all the help i can for pacman like games Smile
guruguru

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 7:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Woah!!! This is sick!!! Incredible job!

I'm sorry PacMasta, but I like his more Crying or Very sad ! They all still rock though Very Happy !
Paul

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

very nice, I especially liked the sound effects, could use some music though
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

they all stick rock ?? ? ? ? what u mean gaguru ???
only me and this kid made a working pacman...

well... thats ok if u like his better.... i know where u live :rifle: Wink

hahah... i like dis one too but in MY opinion...mine is muchos better in lots of ways.. but i wont rattle on about mine in HIS forum... .. but his is good in its own ways like the fact that it was made in v3.1... thats just plain SWEET!
Ultimus

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I've tried yours, Pacmasta, but it runs FREAKishly slow - like 2 FPS (and I have a fast machine)...

Drawing straight from Turing is a LOT faster than importing images, and In this case, I think it would be the better choice...
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:22 am   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm... yea right before i submited to FP contest i made it go a little slower..... some systems were going so fast they complained of dying instantly..,.. which aint good...

ultamatus,.... . did u read the read 1st? or any of my intructions????

enter a different choice for is your PC fast question .. THAT WILL SOLVE PROBLEM... my game isn't slow with the pictures... its because of i put the delay......try 'n' or 'kevin' those are meant for slow computers... but in your case it will definately speed it up...

slowdown = 40
y = 20
n = 10
kevin = 0-5 not shure what i have it at...

then in game loop...
delay (comp * 40) i think its 40... or soemthing i forget././
but either way... that makes it slow or fast....

and that is what your game needs... a control factor like that so its good for all systems....

im currently trying to make one that gets the users CPU speed automatically then uses that for the delay... but thats hard in turing....
guruguru

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:23 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I got an idea for you. Draw something or do something that takes around a second to do before the program starts. Time how long that something took to run (Time.Elapsed). That will be a relative speed of the computer. Then do whatever to convert that amount to an amount that is suitable for the current computer.
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nope... got a WAY better tyhing to use (just read it 5 mins ago). ..

thanks to Catalyst' L33tness.... he made a turing MODULE (.tu) that u can use to find the FPS and stuff for a program.. then use that to convert into a speed factor...

thanks for ur idea though
but his is much more l33t
Canadian Rob

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

cool
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: