Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Only For C++ GODs
Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
xmdxtreme

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:45 pm   Post subject: Only For C++ GODs

To all C++ GODS if you think your really supre good then heres a big challenge before i tell you plz keep it open source cause none of the teams are open source exept team0x90.
1)Create a godly c++ DEV team
2)Goto www.Gotwow.net get some info how teams create world of warcraft server real nice forums.
2)for packet analisys and questions go here http://team0x90.gotwow.net/forum/
3)to get more familiar to the the packet structures go here http://www.team0x90.gotwow.net/foole/
4) Finally please keep open source and help other users ther like me lol!!
5) Get set go lets see what skills you guys have... Laughing
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i am not even shure what you are asking/saying here. wow the heck is team0x90 and what are u saying a dev team should make? i take it, it has to do with warcraft?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
xmdxtreme

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

go to the site i told you see there are bunch of devs programing World Of Warcraft severs coolest MORPG game because blizzard made it closed beta so other people cannt play. Right now im playing on one of their servers coded in C++ its the coolest game ive ever played you can download the client but without a mojor server you can do nothing. Rolling Eyes
Even crappy devs can code the server im trying to say if you know the structure of how to code you can code your own WoW server im telling ya its awesome i can send some movies i took from the game and screenies its nothing like warcraft completely diffrent more like diablo.
xmdxtreme

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

btw you can code it in any language but C++ is better:
ive seen people code it in:
vb
c#
c++
delphi
and etc.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

why is C++ better?

Whould be intresting to try this in java, but i just dont got the time. If u so intrested in this why dont you give it a try? I bet it whould be a bit more complated then u think, the coding part is easy but going throw all thos packts and trying to figger out what the hell is going on whould take a long paint staking amout of time.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
xmdxtreme

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no lol im a newb coder im learning delphi right now and im gonna code my own server during the summer. I just wanted to tell you guys if you want a challenging thing to do here it is.
xmdxtreme

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

HEY NEW NEWS!
There is a open source VB WoW project in the forums feel free to join them and help to add stuff to it:
http://www.gotwow.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4727&page=1&pp=20
   Index -> Programming, C++ -> C++ Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: