Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 4-Dimensional Projection
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:07 pm   Post subject: 4-Dimensional Projection

An idea I had that I wanted to toy around with (used Turing since it was fast to prototype)
Left Click to rotate the tesseract (4-d cube) and Right Click to rotate the resulting 3 dimensional projection of the tesseract.

note: The rotation in 4 dimensions might be a bit off since I didnt have any source material on the topic

4Dprojector.t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  4Dprojector.t
 Filesize:  9.99 KB
 Downloaded:  921 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Neo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats simply amazing man... How do you even get started doing these kinds of programs? I mean where do you learn this stuff?
Neo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:11 am   Post subject: (No subject)

If you change line 232 from drawline to drawmapleleaf you get a really cool effect. 8)
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:30 am   Post subject: (No subject)

alright, more cool stuff from Catalyst!

hmm... watching the hypercube movie is not helping me understand as to what's going on Confused
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
zomg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

this is pretty wicked

i love how its smoth and the shadows make it look friggen wicked

nice job!! Very Happy Very Happy
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nicely done... where r u applyin for uni btw and what program
Delos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Argh! 4th dim visualizations...
You know Catalyst, this stuff is really cerebrally challenging. Don't they use these sorts of things to model really complex network topologies or something...?
rizzix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

think of a box composed with each side a box.. that is ur hypercube... nice work btw.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

explain a four dimensional object to me please. I couldn't figure head or tail out of that.
zomg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:01 am   Post subject: (No subject)

u have to click the mouse and move the cube

EDIT: Ithought he didnt know how to use the program... My bad Embarassed
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul wrote:
explain a four dimensional object to me please.

well mathematically its really easy. Instead of (x,y,z) coordinate system we use to decrible object's potition we use (x,y,z,w) (not sure on the name of 4th element).

Visually/Conseptually though... Think of it this way. You have a some dimention. To go to the step above, you translate the shape in the direction perpendicular to itself and join the edges.

1D ___ line

2D |___ another 1D line perpendicular to the first line. Join the edges to get a square []

3D You know how to draw a cube, right? Draw another square behind the first one and join the edges.
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

you follow the same pattern to get to 4D. Just draw a cube perpendicular to itself, so that each face of the hypercube is a cube (similary as each face of a cube is a square and each edge of a square is a line) ~ thus 4D.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Go here for further explanation
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I see, my bad. I got kinda mixed up between this and my reading in string theory and calabi-yau spaces.
A hypercube does not actually represent extra spacial dimensions does it? Confused
MihaiG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that hyper cube really made me think... for the first time my mind went blank..... thnx.... now forgot what i was going to say Wink...btw splendid good job old chap
MihaiG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im sorry i just made a 5-Dimmesional cube ----!!! instead of drawline.... put drawbox!!! or a hyper oval... out drawoval.... or hyperstar...drawstar!!! the 5dcube is crazy shit(sorry for postiong twice i didnt mean it)
HyperFlexed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's still 3d though. In visual. I'm assuming 4d is only theoretic.

I still don't get it.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 38 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: