Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 First Program I've made, guessing game, go easy
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
sports_line

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:46 pm   Post subject: First Program I've made, guessing game, go easy

hey this is my first program on turing, prolly used waaayy more than i needed so go easy lol comment on it and give me tips thanks

Guessing Game(web).t
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Guessing Game(web).t
 Filesize:  94.54 KB
 Downloaded:  279 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:00 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Not bad. Rewrite it now, using functions and procedures. Smile
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I apologise for teh flame , and im sure that your really new ...

but you could have done all that in about 170 lines of code , 200 -

Id help but i dont know where to start , if you want some advice add me to your msn and il show you how to cut certain areas down ,

Eg . your guss area you have 3 different linear things going on ,. one for each guess

your making all the ascii 3 times ........ you can just make one guess loop and one set of ASCII pictures

I dont have time to esplain with examples but please add me to msn , and let the whole community help you out

I can see you put alot of effort into this but be willing to see that this is terrible code , but take it as a learning experiance make it a goal to get this program down to 200 lines ......

Im sure that by doing somtihng like that ,. you will gain alot of knowledge and hands on time

Later Days

( and dont comment on the spelling , everyone here knows that Shorthair types to fast for his own good )
wtd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Absolutely. You should never get one program to work, then simply head on to the next thing. Continue to refine the same program. Go back a week later and see if you can still understand what's going on.

It's by doing this that you improve your programming skills, not by moving through exercises as quickly as possible. If you do that you're probably just continuing to use any bad habits you might have picked up early on.
cool dude

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

seriously dude you wasted all your time doing over 1500 lines of code for a guessing game when u could have done it in less than 200 lines. u should learn functions and procedures because they will be very useful to you! as well u shouldn't put delays in because some people don't even finish reading what u had and its kinda annoying. instead u should use something called getch and hasch.

anyways it is a very good guessing game. i like the way you drew the words and numbers with stars. good job
Viper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i hate gussing games lol but it look good ( i usually do way 2 many lines 2 so dont feel 2 bad lol [but then again im a newb 2] )
zomg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

HOLY MCGIVA!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
1747 lines of code!!!!!!!!!
yikes

u wrote all that just for this... i mean its good for first program...buts it so friggen huge

o well get some tips from short hair...
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: