Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Some music I made for turing:
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
s_climax

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:23 pm   Post subject: Some music I made for turing:

I'm going to put one of my originals and a couple of transcriptions here.
The first one is an original and I put it in the format so that it loops properly. The rest don't work in a row, but they work on their own.

I may take some requests for songs. btw, I am not willing to do full songs. Just some simple themes from them.

code:

%This is the one I made.
play ("<<2a8ab>c<4bag+a p 2ega")
play ("8ab>c<4bag+a>p2edc<a")
loop
    play ("8ab>c<4bag+a p 2ega")
    play ("8ab>c<4bag+a>p2edc<a")
    exit when hasch
end loop
%End of the one I made.

play ("4b>cdfgefed p <b>cd2ed4cc")   %Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill
play ("4cdec  f a g  ecdeg8ef4d2c")   %Bob Marley - Redemption Song
play ("<<2a>1cbb-a 2e1gf+fe") %Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused

edit: seems since a swear word was part of my music I am gonna try and put spaces in and see if it doesn't block that out.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
gamer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its nice that u can play piano notes in turing, but wuts the point, why not just play music files Very Happy
recneps

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what if your game has sounds... when you hit the wall it makes a "ding"... you want to include a 5kb wav file just to play "ding"? lol
gamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it still works....plus sound effect files (from internet or sumthing) must sound better than sounds made from turying

besides, based on ur situation, if a ball or sumthin hit the wall, at this point u can just use process n Music.PlayFile
Raugrist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Except that you can only play one mp3 and one wav file at a time, unless they've changed things since the last time I've used music in turing. This way, you could maybe use an mp3 for music, some note or whatever for "ding" and still have a wav for some other sound effect that's happening at the same time.
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:25 am   Post subject: (No subject)

not to say it's pretty cool for a person to actually "tab" the music into turing. Besides, once you played around with the music funtion in turing enough, you'll learn how it's not very accurate. Especially if you put it in a process and fork it.
Prettyjnk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

really cool, but the music is not that good, and i got question, when the music was playing, a little box came out, what does it do?
s_climax

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I don't get a box.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Love the music, I think he means the run window, which is prolly caused by hasch.
the_short1

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

turing 40.05

Music.PlayFileLoop ("beat.mid')<< needs be mid... or cant hear both at once..
then..
Music.PlayFileReturn ("soundeffect.wav|or|.mp3")
and they can both be at same time
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: