Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Darkness's Situation
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:50 pm   Post subject: Darkness's Situation

Hey everyone, I'm sure you all missed me, now here's the story.

My video card burnt out...I think...
See, I'll be on my computer, and all of a sudden everything will just freeze. Hell, it freezes before it even loads up windows xp, but with linux i've got anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes. So I'm making a call out to all of the massey people, asking if they have an old AGP video card that they would sell me for very little money...or better yet give me. I'm getting desperate....weeks without instant messageing...and I have a physics ISU coming up...

Or, the most desirable solution would be for someone to tell me how I can fix this without getting rid of my video card.

ttfn
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dauntless

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I have a basic one from a Pentium 133 that I could loan you, I spose... If it's compatible? PCI is the older type right? So it's probly PCI...
Martin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

It's okay, I fixed it. Not sure how, but I fixed it.
Dauntless

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, somehow I got 500 bits now...Will I get Spamurai if I give it to you now? Or do you want interest?
Paul

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u got 500 bits cause me and and some other guy pooled up 500 bits and gave it to darkness, to get u the spamurai, he gave 525, I gave 75, come on! where is the rank!?
Dauntless

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Claping Look at this support....It makes me want to cry. Maybe if everyone gives me bits, we can pool a ransom that, while not useful to a mod, is representative.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

haha spamurai, I like that one
Dauntless

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:33 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Don't hesitate to donate some bits to show your support for my cause if you want to. It weakens me to be in this non-Spam realm.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Paul Bian
Posted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:51 pm Post subject:
u got 500 bits cause me and and some other guy pooled up 500 bits and gave it to darkness, to get u the spamurai, he gave 525, I gave 75, come on! where is the rank!?

i dont get it...

u and some other guy pooled 500 bits... then u said u gave to Darkness... ??? why not to dauntless..... .second.... u said he gave 525 and u gave 75..... that makes 600..... and why does dauntless only have 500 then...

yes... GIVE HIM THE RANK DARKNESS!!!! comon...

about the video card.... yea that happened to me ... i suspected it was my video card too...my problem was: whenever i booted up windows 99% of the time it would freeze during 'startiing 98' screen... and then if i got into windows.. it frooze alot then too... and it wasn;t my ram cuz i tested..

it could be ur ram (most common... vid card next common for that error..)..!!!

get memtest its free.... make a bootable floppy...
http://www.memtest.org/download/memtest86p111_floppy.zip
simple run the program when a BLANK floppy is in the drive... then reboot... *** make sure ur boot order is A,C or it wont scan Wink
works GREAT!!!!! *** for 64 mB ram it took me roughly 20 minutes on my crap pent 1...

yea... to fix for me i reseated my video card... and got rid of tons of extra CRAP that was trying to load **software and hardware that was non-existant... and now it works 90% of the time.... still freezes sometimes... or dont boot... but its much better..,

maybe u can try that.... or maybe its ur ram...,

-PacMasta
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: