Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 EmUlE
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:09 pm   Post subject: EmUlE

Dammit, anyone used this crap?
All the files are .xml files insted of .mp3 WHY THE HELL?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

eh? I used Emule just fine, if it says ur downloading mp3 then ur downloading mp3.
Amailer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

EMULE stinks, it's got like... no files and... takes for ever to download
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

oh well, it was still the only place where I could find VOOM aka virtual ON for PC ( an old arcade 3D fighting game)
jonos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bah, all you need is Shareaza, and BitTorrent using www.isohunt.com and www.suprnova.org and www.animesuki.com and you're set.
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

too many leechers on bittorrent, I dl at like max 10kb/s
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

u think emule has not files?????

i have emule and it like conecotes to 3-4 diffrent p2p netwroks and i have never NOT found a file i am looking for. it's only problem is slow downloading if u have a very low ID or do not share files.

P.S. emule can conect to Shareaza
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
jonos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shareaza doesn't have its own network, it connects to eDonkey2000, Gnutella1, and Gnutella2. But maybe it does, I'm pretty sure though.

Would you recommend eMule?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:43 am   Post subject: (No subject)

oh ya i think u are right, all i know is that i have conected to Shareaza users b4 using it.

i whould recomend emule b/c it has tones of files. alought it is slow when u first start b/c u got to share stuff to get poleop to trust u and your rank up. also if your netwrok is set up wrong or you have the wrong port closed it will make things very slow and hard to use. also it is harder to cheat like on kazaa to but in line, wich i think is a good thing but some polep....

i whould defualy recomend p2p over dowloading wares off web sites or ftp sites not b/c it is faster but becuse it is safer. (less chace of some one loging your ip, ect) also there are still irc warez rooms around, that is where p2p realy got going to beging with any how.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont likle websites.... cuz they are more unsafe in my opinion..... cuz they have them files ona a server... not their acuall comp..

like.... if u dl something.... and u keep on ur comp... its not likely a virus....

unless u made the virus...

so.... anyways...

i use Kazaa Lite.... ive seen Torrent.... but having to go online like that was slow....

ive found everything ive ever looked for in Kazaa lite.... plus the DL speeds are crzy fast.... (granted i have the 1000 Constant Participation level CHEAT)... thanks to kazaa lite..
also... i have connected to quite a fwe p2p servers with kazaa... and theirs lots of files....
Amailer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

safety is nothing really, both are unsafe =ly.
It's just like downloading off someones website (p2p really....) speed is diffrent though.

Either way, I got my emule to work (all correct files).
Speed is avg not that great not that bad.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

p2p is safe if u are smart about it, like block all ip rangs for any one who could sue you and scan files for virus b4 u run them (for exaubales that is).
the_short1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:47 am   Post subject: (No subject)

yea dan...if u dont run a virus scan afta dl a .exe ur one stupid MOFO.....
so... yea..... and a good thing about kazaa lite.... it automatically bans all ip addy's from Sony, and stuff like that.... also the ppl who sue Wink

but nice stuff...
Amailer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:15 am   Post subject: (No subject)

how do you block ips on emule, and what are the ip's that i should block?
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there is a file, or u have to make a file that has all the ip rangs in it that u do not whont.

if u look at the help site or files for emule it should say how to do it.

for bad ip rangs check out a proamge called "The Blocklist Manager", it will even import the list in to emule or kazaa for you.
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 27 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: