Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Final Project [Alpha]
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Catalyst

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:54 pm   Post subject: Final Project [Alpha]

Bugs?
Comments?
Suggestions?

FP[Alpha].zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  FP[Alpha].zip
 Filesize:  320 KB
 Downloaded:  359 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
s_climax

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ran only 7 fps on my comp.
Krabjuice

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

37 fps on mine

I can see parts of "dead" through the walls.

Never the less, catalyst, you are God.
Tony

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

althogh it's turing, you might want to consider some antialiasing Thinking atleast a bit.

though it does run @ 7 fps Rolling Eyes

and WASD is usually movement, not aim. That's what mouse (or arrow keys) are for
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow nice job, one of the best things in turing i have seen.

i was geting 17 FPS on a comp that is as fast as it gets (3.2ghz multy threaded), i think the limiation may lie in turing. It gose down to 1 FPS when close to walls. Alougth the odd thing is that it all ways uses the same CPU % witch is 49-51% no matter what. To bad turing dose not have better hardware conotrl, b/c then u could uses the 3d card and get some cool stuff going.

Also i see a bit of bluring off the right sholder of the bad guy when i move when looking at it.

Any how, are u going to release the code for this any time? Whould be intresting to see some of thous alrgritims.

P.S. this has goting me whondering, can turing ever use more then 50% of the cpu?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:

P.S. this has goting me whondering, can turing ever use more then 50% of the cpu?

i just made two test prgames, basicly consting of for loops and outputing there index, one in java and one in turing.

i ran the one in turing and it ran for a bit at 20% cpu useage and whould not go any higher intill it crashed b/c the the nummer was to big for they int.

i ran the same kind of progame in java and it hit 60% cpu usage for a few seconds and was then done w/o crashing.

this makes me think that there is a cap on the CPU useage a turing progame can use. This whould exaplen alot, like why turing progames are slower then other languges.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Paul

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nice job, I've seen something similar when some one in my school made a wolfenstein thingy, but turing couldn't handle it, and he had real bullets flying too, that slows it down even more. Yours only ran about 3 to 4 fps on mine Laughing and I couldn't find any more enemies beyond the first 2 I met.
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 8:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thanks for the comments Very Happy

The FPS seems to be all over the map, i get 10-17 (at 2.0Ghz), the texturing is what causes all the slowdown, turing doesnt like drawing all those pictures Laughing
The aliasing is caused by the lower resolution which allow u to play at reasonalble frame rate (running at perfect resolution(1 slice per column) the FPS<1)
Since it is a doom style shooter i figured the look up/down controls were not very important

i think i know what it causing the enemies appearing in the walls (working on it)

PaulBian: Thats because i didnt add anymore
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

heres perfect mode if anyone is interested

perfect.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  perfect.zip
 Filesize:  284.37 KB
 Downloaded:  234 Time(s)

s_climax

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Perfect mode?
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im definately try this at school... it looks more then worthy... at school we have 2.3 GHZ machines... here i have a pathetic... 0.16 GHZ.. Sad so i wont even try....

perfect mode??
Catalyst

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it runs each at exact resolution without my optimizations cutting down the qualtiy
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow that perifcik mode is a killer, only runs at 2FPS on my good comp. alought it still not using up all cpu, now it gose from 58% to 61% on that one.

seems like kind of a wast to make this in turing...
Catalyst

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

it wasnt my choice, my comp sci. teacher told me it had to be done in turing
(which sucks Laughing )
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 8:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

defenitely the best done in turing!
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: