Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 An Asteroids Clone
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
RETARD32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:42 am   Post subject: An Asteroids Clone

Here's a game I'm working on

Controls
W=Thrust
A=Rotate Left
D=Rotate Right
S=Shield
Shift=Fire
q=upgrade
f=upgrade

Asteroks.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Asteroks.zip
 Filesize:  9.81 KB
 Downloaded:  438 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
RETARD32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:19 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Please feel feel to comment as i'm still working on the game. Thanks
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:16 am   Post subject: (No subject)

still has a lot to work on... first of all... flicker - very annoying. View.Update it.

Now shoting... 1 bullet at a time sucks. You defenatly need more. You can slow down fire speed over time to prevent users from just permenantly holding the button down.

and shields act weird... asteroyds just pass though you when you got your shield on. Asteroyd and ship should bounse off like pool balls instead
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well i realy like the game and i think the idea is good but there are some game play isues.

1. you can get killed like 5 times in a row b4 you even spawn, may be make the ship invicable for like 5 secs b4 after it spawns

2. shit key is bad for fire, hiting it 5 times luachs some apps in some apps on xp Razz

3. make the keys the more noraml, may be mover up arow and spin left left, and spin right right and fire space bar.

4. make it so you loop around when you hit the egeng rather then bounc

alougth over all i realy like this, it is hard but some times thats good in a game. realy like the phzics in it and the exposions. shiled idea is good too. but whould be a bit more fun if it was easer, like smaller rocks and more shiled time.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
RETARD32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I can try to address most of the issues you commented on. Hackerdan, I too thought the space bar was a good button for shoot, however I could not find the code to use it in conjunction with Input.KeyDown. it says something like (ORD_Space) but that doesn't seem to work. How can I solve this?

P.S did any of you get past the second level and see the upgrades?
FDisk87

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Another vote for Dan's suggestion #4. How many rubber walls do you see in space?
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

RETARD32 wrote:

P.S did any of you get past the second level and see the upgrades?

i could not, hiting shift 5 times keeped on luaching stuff, lol.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
RETARD32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:43 pm   Post subject: New Version

Ok, I added a few of the suggestion you guys had to my game:

1. Controls are now changed (see text file)
2. You don't bounce of the sides anymore
3. You are now invincible for about 5 sec when you spawn
4. Improved shield collision detection slightly
5. Shield bar increased

If you find any glitches please let me know, thanks.

Asteroks V. 1.01.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Asteroks V. 1.01.zip
 Filesize:  10.72 KB
 Downloaded:  298 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DanShadow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Woah! Now this is some nice work! (Besides some stupid glitch witch ki cks me out of the game becau se it is (Pic:=0, pic cant l oad) or something. I actually had fun playing this, nice job!
Du++

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:40 am   Post subject: (No subject)

This game is THE SHIT! I surrender all preveious beliefs,aboandon my faith and suscribe un-questioningly to its creator. I pledge my word of hounr,and vow to follw his commands...anyways great job....wilson is a slob
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:42 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Laughing I'd like to see what's gonna happen once Du++ comes across some of Catalyst's programs Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

great impovements but i still got inuses with what keys you uses for conotorls, alt + some keys dose stuff on my comp like alt + space bar so if you dont let go of alt b4 you hit another key it brings up a menu and if you miss the alt key you hit the windows key that birngs up the start menu.

but that is easy to chage. i whould sugest may be c, x, s, or d insted of al b/c they are close to spcae bar and are not ushley aisgined to fuctions.

P.S. i was finaly aable to beat level one and i realy like the wepaonds upgarde idea.
Du++

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:27 pm   Post subject: bitchin'

Look ...devil guy Rolling Eyes you...clearly run the show around here but I pledged myself to 'RETARD32', not catalist, or what 'ev' theres forces working here that you cannot comprehend 8) ...forces with...forceful power that could rival perhaps even your little Devil guy!! ...anyway I mean to say that I enjoy the simplicity of the game play--> fun, and not hung up on graphics...you might want to call it..."old school"

...and holy shit! have you guys seen the movie swoardfish?? talk about a good ending....BEST MOVIE EVER...or matrix...turing rocks!
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, that made litte to know secen and coming from me that is prity bad. i think devil guy = tony but i am not shure Thinking

almost like you are talking about some kind of twiested region there. i guses some poleop RELAY like there games.
horohoro08

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

one word to describe this program...... GAY
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 22 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: