Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Futureshop.
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:31 am   Post subject: Futureshop.

I went to futureshop yesterday. Call it impulsive, call it compulsive, call it insane. Anyway, went up to one of futureshop's plethora of low IQ foreign employees (not that I have any problem with foreigners, it's just that that's all that my futureshop hires, and none of them have a clue of what they are talking about.)

Me: Hi, I was wondering about purchasing a laptop without any operating system loaded on it, or a preloaded version of Debian Linux. Do you carry any? (purely for the sake of arguement, I already knew that they didn't)

Futureshop Guy: No sorry we don't. All of our computers come packaged with Windows XP Home or Professional edition. It's kinda like a package. They all come with computers. (well hello mr. fancy pants. That's what a package is...at first I thought that he was making a penis joke.)

Me: Do you know where I could go to purchase a computer like that? (this guy's on commission, like hell he'll refer me to somewhere else.)

Futureshop Guy: It's illegal for a retailer to sell a computer that doesn't have windows on it. Laptop or desktop. (wow, more proof that I should have this guy's job.)

Me: No that's not true. (tool)

Futureshop Guy: (walks away)

I was going to go and talk to a manager, but the store was closing. So I put a bunch of the computers home pages to www.tigerdirect.ca and left.

This isn't over yet....
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Delos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:58 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Go you!

Have you seen their online application of work?! It's a freakin' substandard generalised psychological analysis! Good grief, had I been in a better frame of mind at the time, I may have actually taken advantage of the fact that I know how those things work...ah well...it's still irritating, allowing a machine to decide whether or not one is fit to do the job of a human...
da_foz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:04 am   Post subject: (No subject)

LMAO, that's great. Some time I wonder if they are really that dumb or if they just enjoy lieing so much.

http://www.futureshopexposed.com
recneps

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:37 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the one by me has smart, helpful people who know what they are talking about. (maybe it just gets progressively worse as you get closer to a major city centre?) O.o
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:21 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yeah, I've tried for the online thing. And then the bastards only let you apply once a month. Oh well.

When I grow up I'm going to pwn futureshop.
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

LOL, i hate Futureshop emopys. they all ways thery to make u get the crapyested most uneed and expsive thing rather then what u need.

and what is up with them pushing the warity. they just whont droop it, it is like:

FS - do you whont a warity on that?
Dan - thats ok
FS - are u shure it is only $99.9999999999999999879
Dan - i am shure
FS - it covers everyhting u could even "acidenty" break it and we will give u the nested model
Dan - NO!
FS - come on
Dan - die dam u!! *dan states the warity card thing throw the guys head*

well may be the lsat part dose not happen but it should Evil or Very Mad
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yea.... hacker dan... ur spelling has been progressively getting worse over the months.... Rolling Eyes

anyways.... i wish i HAD a futureshop in town.... closest one is in sudbury Sad...... ****futershop has good software at least they did in kamloops BC... ..

also the ppl there in kamloops were pretty good.... they helped me find stuff... and good deal.... plus they gave my friend travis a big break.....

he bough some ram... and his friend was over... and his friend stuck his finger on the MB in the wrong place while travis was installing it..... and fried his MB.... and futureshop covered it **200$ + ..... cuz... normally opening the case voids warenty...but they said it 'magically happened' ....so futureshop was nice Smile Razz

hacker dan ur story's funny Laughing i could see that happening ...
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hahah..... u set them to tigerdirect.ca or we..... funny....

i went to that site.... HOLY FRICKING SHI.T!!!!!! 200 GB seagate HD for under 200 $$$ that is MESSED!!!! so much space... holy shi.t ... biggest i saw b4 that was 130 GB....
man... they are growing too fast Rolling Eyes my total of 4 gigs is getting sader by the day... Sad
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: