Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Good Computer Site
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:06 pm   Post subject: Good Computer Site

Anyone know a good site where I can get a good computer but at a good price. It would be much appreciated!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
poly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You could build yourself a pc and it would be the cheapest option, cause you can shop around for parts. Check out Plug & Play's website http://yesplay.com there really good for pricing
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Whats the better option pentium or AMD? I know AMD is "faster" but they dont have systems up to the caliber the pentium does now. And AMDs heat like a mofo.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i only use amd , there much much cheaper , and run very well
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:30 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I dunno p4 2.4 is only like 100. But ya ill check it out.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i have a 2400 AMD xp , and that = 2.1 Ghz i believe im not sure , i know its always lower than the number , but anyways i saw no difference running that against my 2000 = 1.7 - 1.8 Ghz , even though there wsa a 50 dollar difference , i mean 2.4 Ghz Pentium 4 Is not really neeeded , id rather go back a few steps save a couple bucks buy an extra 256 of ram or somthing , but thats ust my say
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i alredy have 256 on this comp that i culd easily transfer, so i wuld only need to buy 256 anyways. Im thinkin of an AMD but just with a good fan!
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

thats a great ida , always look for some hardware you can save on , a little extra cash is always good , my best computer was my emachines ( that i pretty muc hupgraded everything but hte processor and motherboard ) , just remember whan buying it though, that you can only go as fast as your slowest component , so make sure your not being slowed down to much by somthing , video cards can be responsible for taht most the time when they are not very good , but your using a wicked system
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Is that site Canadian? Oh ya, I need a site where i can customize the computer, because i have sum stuff like RAM, monitor, modem, keyboard that i dont wanna buy.
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Got My emachine from future shop , there everywhere , go to any major computer well techno store and you will probably find it, go look at

www.futureshop.ca

i know you know it , but hell heres the link to save you some time , they havve good deals on them , and their CS ROCKS i mean they are awsome people to deal with
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Is Windows XP worth it? or shuld i just stick with home?
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Do you mean is professional worth it , NO ,Stick with home , that will do you jsut fine
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there's a store like MDG (MDG sucks) called Summit Direct. If there's one in your area, got there Smile They are really knowledable and helpful and you can customize your computer, including whether they just supply you with the parts of whether they build it.
Maverick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Ya theres one in St. Catherines. Is XP Home good or shuld i go with XP Pro?
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

psssssssh Windows XP. Windows 98 SE all the way! Smile
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 5  [ 61 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: