Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
StuartG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:26 pm   Post subject: Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)

Heres a game that i made for the end of Grade 11. I decided to make monopoly but instead called it Stuopoly (my name is Stuart).

Few things:

- Setting has to be 1024 x 768 for best viewing
- all pictures made by me in Fireworks
- few errors that i know about but don't really have time to fix
- if you have trouble theres a readme
- Everything is clickable (if you land on Comunity chest click the card)
- click the dice to roll
- when its your turn to roll click your property cards to buy houses/mortgage

Thats all. Hope you enjoy Very Happy

Stuopoly.zip
 Description:
Stuopoly

Download
 Filename:  Stuopoly.zip
 Filesize:  1.73 MB
 Downloaded:  771 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Ultrahex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:16 pm   Post subject: Re: Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)

Probably by far one of the better submissions I have seen lately, GREAT JOB I must say. Keep up the good work, would like to see some more of your major projects to come!
nastynika

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:44 am   Post subject: Re: Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)

good work
so u made all the pics?
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:24 am   Post subject: RE:Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)

I have to agree with ultrahex. Freakin sweet! The game is a bit slow (but then, it is monopoly). The buttons don't 'click' well, but that could be the crappy school computer lagging.
Jessica359

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:02 pm   Post subject: RE:Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)

Awesome Stu! Smile
u totally beat my Frogger game in class ;p
wat was ur mark btw in class?
StuartG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:15 pm   Post subject: RE:Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)

Thanks guys.

As for the pictures, yes i made them myself in Fireworks. I just kept the authentic monopoly look and didn't want to change it to much.

Thanks Jessica. For the class i have a 94% right now.
Jessica359

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:49 pm   Post subject: RE:Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)

lol ah of course ;p
teacher's pet lol just kiding nice job again Smile
Insectoid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:15 pm   Post subject: RE:Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)

94? Is that it? Nah, I'm just kidding Wink Still awesome!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Carey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:16 pm   Post subject: RE:Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)

pshaw. I laugh at you and your pitiful 94%. I got 100% Smile. I think Tony, Catalyst, and some other people actually got over 100% because of bonus marks. Insane Smile
Warchamp7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:54 pm   Post subject: RE:Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)

I don't understand why people say "Play in 1024 for best viewing" instead of simply making the window 1024.

All the same, very interesting game! Looks very nice Very Happy
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:25 am   Post subject: RE:Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)

Warchamp7 wrote:

I don't understand why people say "Play in 1024 for best viewing" instead of simply making the window 1024.

It bugs me too. Now I just make my progs autofit to whatever they have...

anywho...
Hi Stuart!
My name's Stuart, and I'm an alc...

jk. Just when I read the first post I wanted to do that.

But besides a few minor (none problematic to gameplay) glitches (I'm sure you already know what they are, so I won't really go on), pretty good. Really interesting to see a board game on this site. Smile
Tallguy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:26 pm   Post subject: RE:Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)

good job stu,
what was ur final mark for the class?
i want to know if i beat u yet,lol, u stole my top mark!!!..............but i beat jess so its all ok
StuartG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:44 am   Post subject: RE:Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)

My final was a 94, just like before. The exam didn't do justice cause i had to get higher then 94 just to raise my mark.

Also, did you hear that Mr.Harrison left the school? It said something about that in the school newsletter.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:57 am   Post subject: RE:Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)

94? I got 95, and 94 in engineering. Bit dissapointed, really, I bombed the exam with only a 92% Sad. Happy about my engineering though, I only had a 92 in that until the exam, which I got 96 on. I would rather have 95 in CS and 94 in CE than 96 in CS and 92 in CE, wouldn't you? (I know, lots of numbers the same, don't get confused Razz)
madcatalyst

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:06 pm   Post subject: RE:Stuopoly (basically Monopoly)

Dude, rad game. keep it up
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: