Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Artist CLI Drawing Tool
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
xStil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:30 pm   Post subject: Artist CLI Drawing Tool

I know there have been other drawing tools submitted, but I think this is a pretty good one too.

Artist is a Command Line/Keyboard/Mouse interface drawing tool (e.g. MS-PAINT), where you set up everything with commands rather than GUI.
Personally, I think CLI is better than GUI...

This is BETA 1.4 (there were other betas, but most of them were either overwritten, or simply deleted.)

I strongly recommend reading the README.TXT file before trying to put much effort into a picture (as always, it is wise to save your file frequently!)...

Since it is a beta, and the first one I've uploaded, it might be a bit buggy.

Other than that, have fun drawing.

File has been tested with Avast! antivirus, so I assume it is clean of any harmful software. Razz
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
xStil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:26 pm   Post subject: Re: Artist CLI Drawing Tool

Updated to 1.5

Changelog:

Colors can be created/imported anytime and no open canvas is needed.
You no longer need to specify sizes when loading images...
COLORS and HELP files can be found no matter where you have chosen chdir to go to
Added the ability to stop directory listing like you can with font listing

Fixed bug where files with spaces were not recognized during save/load.
Fixed bug where a simple misspelling of a filename while loading would crash the program. (incompatible formats will still crash it)
Fixed minor bug where saving without an open canvas would crash the program.

To do for 1.6
Fix all crashes (or at least the ones caused by simple/common mistakes)
Make it so that the color circle at the bottom left does not erase the part of the picture behind it...
SNIPERDUDE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:03 am   Post subject: RE:Artist CLI Drawing Tool

pretty cool. I really like the flexibility of it as well, such as the blur tool.
xStil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Artist CLI Drawing Tool

Updated to 1.6-

Changelog:

Multiple canvases are no longer a problem (you can open as many as you like, but you can only work on one at a time)
Undo ability (you can undo the last action made) with 'u' key
Changed color creation method (now you need to type IMPORT to be able to use any colors created along with previous ones)
Changed the way color was represented (the circle is no longer there, now it is the thick line, separating the canvas from the status box)
Middle Click is now a special brush that decorates with random color dots.

Fixed possible bug where importing pic.bmp with 'p' would crash the program once overused.
better Resource utilization.

To do for 1.7
Color inversion

Artist 1.6B.zip
 Description:
BETA 1.6

Download
 Filename:  Artist 1.6B.zip
 Filesize:  585.58 KB
 Downloaded:  185 Time(s)

Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: